• entry
    1
  • comments
    347
  • views
    846

My road to success (Moving Update 2)

10 10
uchiha101

9,003 views

This thread will be about my journey to the million dollar comic and the struggles, failures and successes that come with it since many boardies requested it I will not longer post my transactions but try what revat said :). I also have a bunch of inspirational people two of them being Walt Disney and Steve Jobs because I want to be the next rags to riches story not to the degree of Steve Jobs or Walt Disney but I want to make a million dollars buying and selling a comic and making enough money with this venture to never again say I can't afford something :)

 

Thoughts and plans

Sell my comics

Sell IH 180 CGC 5.0

 

Milestones I want to reach

Get my first four figure sale

 

To see old comments for this Journal entry, click here. New comments can be added below.

10 10


347 Comments


Recommended Comments



Just now, miraclemet said:

 

The above is what Gabe sees as profit, and he's right in the simplest sense. 

In the same vein, he just lost $700 worth of stuff in that construction mishap.  Where does that leave his overall balance sheet I wonder.

Share this comment


Link to comment
24 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I assume it meant the money he got from government assistance did not go into comic books, video games or bitcoin. 

I assume it meant that them money he put into comic books, video games and bitcoin came from "profits" made on flipping comic books and video games 

I dont know where the credit card debt fits in (were comic book, video game or bitcoin purchases made using credit card?)

The money I earned originates from the stuff I sell and the other part comes from my income tax refund. From there I use that money for either buying things or have enough for shipping

Share this comment


Link to comment
16 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I’m just failing to see where these activities are generating any profits.

I don't understand why you're failing to see profits, is it because of what the poster above you said he assumed or that even though I sold for a profit but overall I'm at a loss you don't count it as a profit? Is that what you're getting at?

Share this comment


Link to comment
5 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

In the same vein, he just lost $700 worth of stuff in that construction mishap.  Where does that leave his overall balance sheet I wonder.

Well since it was video games and toys that took the hit my balance sheet for both those looks terrible now. Thankfully, my comic books were downstairs in my room because it's where I felt they were safest. 

Video Games

Loss $301.72 USD

Inventory $40-100

 

Thrift shop purchases

Loss $400 USD

Inventory ???

Share this comment


Link to comment

Update

I have gotten approved for a virtual visa debit card which will benefit me greatly

I have checked my credit score and it's 591

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, uchiha101 said:

I don't understand why you're failing to see profits, is it because of what the poster above you said he assumed or that even though I sold for a profit but overall I'm at a loss you don't count it as a profit? Is that what you're getting at?

Well if you’re overall at a loss, you really haven’t profited.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Can any of you canuckleheads explain to me how someone on government assistance is getting an income tax refund?  Like, is Trudeau just wondering around on Mooseback handing out poutine and tax refunds?  In the Great 48 (+2) you have to, you know, pay taxes to get an income tax refund.  I'm just an unfrozen caveman NYC lawyer, but my understanding is you guys don't tax assistance payments.  So.... what are you paying into the system in taxes to generate a refund?

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Well if you’re overall at a loss, you really haven’t profited.

Ah, so I did understand you correctly. I see now. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
16 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Can any of you canuckleheads explain to me how someone on government assistance is getting an income tax refund?  Like, is Trudeau just wondering around on Mooseback handing out poutine and tax refunds?  In the Great 48 (+2) you have to, you know, pay taxes to get an income tax refund.  I'm just an unfrozen caveman NYC lawyer, but my understanding is you guys don't tax assistance payments.  So.... what are you paying into the system in taxes to generate a refund?

Making assumptions like that is dangerous. The reason why I'm getting a tax refund is that before I was on social assistance I worked for myself for ten months buying and selling comic books and videos games. Before that, I worked at Subway and Kelsey's. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, uchiha101 said:

The money I earned originates from the stuff I sell and the other part comes from my income tax refund. From there I use that money for either buying things or have enough for shipping

Okay, so here is essentially what you are telling everyone, primarily all the Canadian taxpayers who are currently paying your way for you:

"I don't care enough or want to work hard enough to get and keep a real job so that I can, you know, actually support myself.  I would much rather have YOU, the taxpayers of Canada, through the income tax that YOU pay on money that YOU worked for and earned (and I still don't get why you people actually do that, but I'm working on it) pay my living expenses for me, you know, the not fun stuff like rent, food, etc.  That way I can use whatever money that I can scrape together through my various "enterprises" to buy the fun stuff, like comics, games and investing in cryptocurrency, because, you know, IT'S MY MONEY and I can do what I want with it. That's why I don't "invest" any money I can't afford to lose, because it's really YOUR money.  To sum up, I'm perfectly okay with YOU going without things you may want, but can't afford or do without  because you actually pay taxes so that I can use YOUR money to pay my living expenses so that I can use MY money to buy what I want."

Next, I'm sorry that your games and toys were destroyed.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and I doubt anyone else in this community would either.  But if you had a safe place to store your comics, away from the construction, why didn't you put all of your stuff there?  I know you said you covered them up, but that stuff shouldn't have even been on the same floor where the construction was taking place.

I'm also sorry your dad said what he did to you, but, take a step back, clear your head and look at it from his perspective:  He has a son (you) who is 26 years old, hasn't had a real job for several years, and his only ambition in life seems to be being a wheeler-dealer in comic books, games and toys.  Add to that the fact that in four years, he has not only made overall no profit, but has lost way more money than he has made.  Can you see how your dad might not be very enthusiastic or sympathetic about your comics, games, toys, etc.?

Did I understand correctly that you are you actually getting ANOTHER credit card? Are you truly insane, or do you just believe that that no matter what asinine things you do and situations you put yourself in, that someone will always bail you out?  You already said that you maxed out your original card, and now, for one reason or another (none of them even close to legitimate), you either can't or won't make the payments.  How is that situation right now?  Are you making the payments, even if only the minimum, and exactly how much do you owe on that card, as in what is the current balance? 

I can't understand why anyone would extend you credit if you're refusing to pay what you already owe, but I hope that you don't actually believe that you were offered that card because you have a good credit rating.  First of all, 591 is not a good credit score.  Second, credit card companies strive to extend credit to those people who should absolutely not be using it (like you). The reason is simple; those are the ones who can't afford any or all of the extras (non necessities) that they want, so they use credit to buy the things they want but can't actually afford.  Before long, the card is maxed out (sound familiar?) and they are then stuck with a debt that they only make the minimum monthly payments on.  By the time the debt is paid off, if it ever is, they will have paid way more in just interest than what they charged on the card in the first place.  That's how credit card companies stay in business.  What is the interest rate on your new card?  I'll bet the number has a 2 in front of it, and if it doesn't it's real close.  Please explain why you think getting a second credit card is a good idea when you can't or won't make payments on your original one?

Finally, is the social assistance/welfare system in Canada, aside from those individuals who really need it (not you), essentially a get out of jail free card for anyone that is too lazy to get a job (like you), or have you just figured out how to work the system?  Here in the US, if you are receiving welfare payments, you not only have to actually look for a job, but you have to document and prove every potential employer you talk to or interview with.  In Nebraska where I live, you have to make at least 5 job search contacts every week and report these to the state.  If you don't document your contacts each and every week, or you lie and say you made contacts that you really didnt and they find out, you immediately lose your benefits.  In addition, if you refuse an offer of employment for a job that you are qualified to perform, you lose your benefits.  It's sad to say this, but it seems like in Canada it comes down to a matter of pride, and it's pretty evident by now that you just don't have any.

     

 

 

Edited by Batman1fan

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 hours ago, uchiha101 said:

Well, you're correct in assuming that I don't "really" buy or sell graded book but I contact enough people and purchase enough comic books to justify the cost of $10.95 USD per month. It's also to keep track of how much I should and shouldn't offer someone for a certain comic.

Again, for how much you are really buying/selling, eBay completed sales search should really suffice...  

Who are you contacting? Sounds like you can't really afford to buy graded books - What do you mean by "purchase enough comic books to justify the cost?"  For example, over the last three months, how much have you purchased, quantity and say rough dollar figure spent?

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, uchiha101 said:

I have gotten approved for a virtual visa debit card which will benefit me greatly

I have checked my credit score and it's 591

:facepalm:

Is this a virtual card you can pre-load yourself with funds you already have or a credit card with an interest rate attached to it and you are buying things "on credit"? If so, what is the interest rate?

Remember that definition of insanity we talked about, doing the same thing over and over?

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, uchiha101 said:

Making assumptions like that is dangerous. The reason why I'm getting a tax refund is that before I was on social assistance I worked for myself for ten months buying and selling comic books and videos games. Before that, I worked at Subway and Kelsey's. 

So, let's not make assumptions.  Put it all on the table.   How many hours total did you work at Subway and Kelsey's?  What was your rate of pay? Then when you "worked for yourself" how did you fund that enterprise?  Were you on government assistance at the same time?  Were you straight salary or business owner?  Did you pay GPP on top of your taxes?

 

What EVERYONE is trying to get across to you, and you for whatever reason keep ignoring, is that government assistance is not a separate pocket.  You don't get to say "O, this is separate funds then my assistance."  Liquidate EVERYTHING.  Take whatever you can get.  Sell the crypto, the comics, the toys, the video games.  Even the "damaged inventory" (just disclose that it was exposed to dry wall).  Take that money and invest in yourself.  Get your resume together, get a nice interview outfit, and find a job, any job.  Go stock shelves at a super market, go pick up carts at a store, basically anything.  Get money in, and start paying off your debts (your credit score is terrible and will affect everything from your ability to rent apartments, get loans, get jobs etc).  Build a nest egg of at least $5k.  THEN you can start finding other things and having "disposable" income.  As long as you are on government assistance you don't have money you can lose.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
21 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

So, let's not make assumptions.  Put it all on the table.   How many hours total did you work at Subway and Kelsey's?  What was your rate of pay? Then when you "worked for yourself" how did you fund that enterprise?  Were you on government assistance at the same time?  Were you straight salary or business owner?  Did you pay GPP on top of your taxes?

 

What EVERYONE is trying to get across to you, and you for whatever reason keep ignoring, is that government assistance is not a separate pocket.  You don't get to say "O, this is separate funds then my assistance."  Liquidate EVERYTHING.  Take whatever you can get.  Sell the crypto, the comics, the toys, the video games.  Even the "damaged inventory" (just disclose that it was exposed to dry wall).  Take that money and invest in yourself.  Get your resume together, get a nice interview outfit, and find a job, any job.  Go stock shelves at a super market, go pick up carts at a store, basically anything.  Get money in, and start paying off your debts (your credit score is terrible and will affect everything from your ability to rent apartments, get loans, get jobs etc).  Build a nest egg of at least $5k.  THEN you can start finding other things and having "disposable" income.  As long as you are on government assistance you don't have money you can lose.  

Anyone else remember that scene from Suicide Kings with Denis Leary and the guy on the street trying to clean his windshield?  I got goosebumps.

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, Batman1fan said:

Okay, so here is essentially what you are telling everyone, primarily all the Canadian taxpayers who are currently paying your way for you:

"I don't care enough or want to work hard enough to get and keep a real job so that I can, you know, actually support myself.  I would much rather have YOU, the taxpayers of Canada, through the income tax that YOU pay on money that YOU worked for and earned (and I still don't get why you people actually do that, but I'm working on it) pay my living expenses for me, you know, the not fun stuff like rent, food, etc.  That way I can use whatever money that I can scrape together through my various "enterprises" to buy the fun stuff, like comics, games and investing in cryptocurrency, because, you know, IT'S MY MONEY and I can do what I want with it. That's why I don't "invest" any money I can't afford to lose, because it's really YOUR money.  To sum up, I'm perfectly okay with YOU going without things you may want, but can't afford or do without  because you actually pay taxes so that I can use YOUR money to pay my living expenses so that I can use MY money to buy what I want."

Next, I'm sorry that your games and toys were destroyed.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and I doubt anyone else in this community would either.  But if you had a safe place to store your comics, away from the construction, why didn't you put all of your stuff there?  I know you said you covered them up, but that stuff shouldn't have even been on the same floor where the construction was taking place.

I'm also sorry your dad said what he did to you, but, take a step back, clear your head and look at it from his perspective:  He has a son (you) who is 26 years old, hasn't had a real job for several years, and his only ambition in life seems to be being a wheeler-dealer in comic books, games and toys.  Add to that the fact that in four years, he has not only made overall no profit, but has lost way more money than he has made.  Can you see how your dad might not be very enthusiastic or sympathetic about your comics, games, toys, etc.?

Did I understand correctly that you are you actually getting ANOTHER credit card? Are you truly insane, or do you just believe that that no matter what asinine things you do and situations you put yourself in, that someone will always bail you out?  You already said that you maxed out your original card, and now, for one reason or another (none of them even close to legitimate), you either can't or won't make the payments.  How is that situation right now?  Are you making the payments, even if only the minimum, and exactly how much do you owe on that card, as in what is the current balance? 

I can't understand why anyone would extend you credit if you're refusing to pay what you already owe, but I hope that you don't actually believe that you were offered that card because you have a good credit rating.  First of all, 591 is not a good credit score.  Second, credit card companies strive to extend credit to those people who should absolutely not be using it (like you). The reason is simple; those are the ones who can't afford any or all of the extras (non necessities) that they want, so they use credit to buy the things they want but can't actually afford.  Before long, the card is maxed out (sound familiar?) and they are then stuck with a debt that they only make the minimum monthly payments on.  By the time the debt is paid off, if it ever is, they will have paid way more in just interest than what they charged on the card in the first place.  That's how credit card companies stay in business.  What is the interest rate on your new card?  I'll bet the number has a 2 in front of it, and if it doesn't it's real close.  Please explain why you think getting a second credit card is a good idea when you can't or won't make payments on your original one?

Finally, is the social assistance/welfare system in Canada, aside from those individuals who really need it (not you), essentially a get out of jail free card for anyone that is too lazy to get a job (like you), or have you just figured out how to work the system?  Here in the US, if you are receiving welfare payments, you not only have to actually look for a job, but you have to document and prove every potential employer you talk to or interview with.  In Nebraska where I live, you have to make at least 5 job search contacts every week and report these to the state.  If you don't document your contacts each and every week, or you lie and say you made contacts that you really didnt and they find out, you immediately lose your benefits.  In addition, if you refuse an offer of employment for a job that you are qualified to perform, you lose your benefits.  It's sad to say this, but it seems like in Canada it comes down to a matter of pride, and it's pretty evident by now that you just don't have any.

     

 

 

Great post, but everyone has been preaching this same sermon for YEARS. 

This is getting even more painful. I can't believe it. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Again, for how much you are really buying/selling, eBay completed sales search should really suffice...  

Who are you contacting? Sounds like you can't really afford to buy graded books - What do you mean by "purchase enough comic books to justify the cost?"  For example, over the last three months, how much have you purchased, quantity and say rough dollar figure spent?

 

I tried using free websites to keep track of things like this and ebay only retains sold info for a certain amount of time so I prefer gpa. Well, I contact people with whatever comic I want to either buy or consign. The dollar amount I've spent in three months would be around $200 USD which I know doesn't sound like a lot but I prefer GPA for this and if I didn't need it I wouldn't be paying for it.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

:facepalm:

Is this a virtual card you can pre-load yourself with funds you already have or a credit card with an interest rate attached to it and you are buying things "on credit"? If so, what is the interest rate?

Remember that definition of insanity we talked about, doing the same thing over and over?

Remember what I've also said about not assuming things? The virtual visa debit card is connecting to my bank account, has no annual fee, and acts as a visa of sorts. I am only allowed to make purchases based on how much I have in my account at the time.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, jaybuck43 said:

So, let's not make assumptions.  Put it all on the table.   How many hours total did you work at Subway and Kelsey's?  What was your rate of pay? Then when you "worked for yourself" how did you fund that enterprise?  Were you on government assistance at the same time?  Were you straight salary or business owner?  Did you pay GPP on top of your taxes?

 

What EVERYONE is trying to get across to you, and you for whatever reason keep ignoring, is that government assistance is not a separate pocket.  You don't get to say "O, this is separate funds then my assistance."  Liquidate EVERYTHING.  Take whatever you can get.  Sell the crypto, the comics, the toys, the video games.  Even the "damaged inventory" (just disclose that it was exposed to dry wall).  Take that money and invest in yourself.  Get your resume together, get a nice interview outfit, and find a job, any job.  Go stock shelves at a super market, go pick up carts at a store, basically anything.  Get money in, and start paying off your debts (your credit score is terrible and will affect everything from your ability to rent apartments, get loans, get jobs etc).  Build a nest egg of at least $5k.  THEN you can start finding other things and having "disposable" income.  As long as you are on government assistance you don't have money you can lose.  

Off the top of my head I don't know how many hours I've worked I would need to check. My rate of pay was minimum wage. I funded the working for myself with money I saved up from my jobs. No, I wasn't on government assistance until Subway because the caseworker told me they would allow me to have both and anything I made over $200 bucks per month 50% would be deducted from my social assistance. 

I would say that I was a business owner because how I paid myself was like this. I would buy and sell, take the profit and move it towards my next purchase, total it at the end of the month, and pay my bills and anything that was leftover was saved.

I'm not gonna sell the crypto at a loss. Also, so because I'm on social assistance regardless of what money I get you consider it not mine? Is that what you're telling me? As for the resume I already have one. I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal out of a credit score, to you guys if affects everything but me it's doing nothing almost. As for everything I need to do I've already stated my whole year of what my plans where. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, Batman1fan said:

Okay, so here is essentially what you are telling everyone, primarily all the Canadian taxpayers who are currently paying your way for you:

"I don't care enough or want to work hard enough to get and keep a real job so that I can, you know, actually support myself.  I would much rather have YOU, the taxpayers of Canada, through the income tax that YOU pay on money that YOU worked for and earned (and I still don't get why you people actually do that, but I'm working on it) pay my living expenses for me, you know, the not fun stuff like rent, food, etc.  That way I can use whatever money that I can scrape together through my various "enterprises" to buy the fun stuff, like comics, games and investing in cryptocurrency, because, you know, IT'S MY MONEY and I can do what I want with it. That's why I don't "invest" any money I can't afford to lose, because it's really YOUR money.  To sum up, I'm perfectly okay with YOU going without things you may want, but can't afford or do without  because you actually pay taxes so that I can use YOUR money to pay my living expenses so that I can use MY money to buy what I want."

Next, I'm sorry that your games and toys were destroyed.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and I doubt anyone else in this community would either.  But if you had a safe place to store your comics, away from the construction, why didn't you put all of your stuff there?  I know you said you covered them up, but that stuff shouldn't have even been on the same floor where the construction was taking place.

I'm also sorry your dad said what he did to you, but, take a step back, clear your head and look at it from his perspective:  He has a son (you) who is 26 years old, hasn't had a real job for several years, and his only ambition in life seems to be being a wheeler-dealer in comic books, games and toys.  Add to that the fact that in four years, he has not only made overall no profit, but has lost way more money than he has made.  Can you see how your dad might not be very enthusiastic or sympathetic about your comics, games, toys, etc.?

Did I understand correctly that you are you actually getting ANOTHER credit card? Are you truly insane, or do you just believe that that no matter what asinine things you do and situations you put yourself in, that someone will always bail you out?  You already said that you maxed out your original card, and now, for one reason or another (none of them even close to legitimate), you either can't or won't make the payments.  How is that situation right now?  Are you making the payments, even if only the minimum, and exactly how much do you owe on that card, as in what is the current balance? 

I can't understand why anyone would extend you credit if you're refusing to pay what you already owe, but I hope that you don't actually believe that you were offered that card because you have a good credit rating.  First of all, 591 is not a good credit score.  Second, credit card companies strive to extend credit to those people who should absolutely not be using it (like you). The reason is simple; those are the ones who can't afford any or all of the extras (non necessities) that they want, so they use credit to buy the things they want but can't actually afford.  Before long, the card is maxed out (sound familiar?) and they are then stuck with a debt that they only make the minimum monthly payments on.  By the time the debt is paid off, if it ever is, they will have paid way more in just interest than what they charged on the card in the first place.  That's how credit card companies stay in business.  What is the interest rate on your new card?  I'll bet the number has a 2 in front of it, and if it doesn't it's real close.  Please explain why you think getting a second credit card is a good idea when you can't or won't make payments on your original one?

Finally, is the social assistance/welfare system in Canada, aside from those individuals who really need it (not you), essentially a get out of jail free card for anyone that is too lazy to get a job (like you), or have you just figured out how to work the system?  Here in the US, if you are receiving welfare payments, you not only have to actually look for a job, but you have to document and prove every potential employer you talk to or interview with.  In Nebraska where I live, you have to make at least 5 job search contacts every week and report these to the state.  If you don't document your contacts each and every week, or you lie and say you made contacts that you really didnt and they find out, you immediately lose your benefits.  In addition, if you refuse an offer of employment for a job that you are qualified to perform, you lose your benefits.  It's sad to say this, but it seems like in Canada it comes down to a matter of pride, and it's pretty evident by now that you just don't have any.

     

 

 

Taxes are paid regardless of whether you like it or not. What happens to it after you pay them is up to the government. You act as if I've never worked a day in my life when I've had plenty of jobs. I already explained my plans for this year so if you forgot them then check them out. 

Well, my parents said they wouldn't touch it and for a good while they didn't until they did. The reason why the shelf wasn't in my room because the shelf would take up a huge portion of my room and make it look smaller than it actually is. To be honest with you I was more cautious with my comics because they have more value but that's not to I didn't care about my toys and video games just that push came to shove and I chose to have my comic books in my room.

I'm actually pretty sane and if you knew the card that I'm getting you wouldn't be making assumptions. I never said that 591 was a good credit score just that it's the credit score I have and better than I thought it would be. Actually, the reason why my card is maxed out is due to me paying living expenses nothing more nothing less.

As for the job I've already explained that situation as well so go back a few pages and read it. Do you honestly think that I would be able to keep my social assistance as long as I have by doing nothing? You know I have to report to them monthly right? Both my financial earnings and how I've been doing with my job search.

By the way here's the link to the EXACT card that I'm getting so you don't think of any more assumptions.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/deposits/virtual-visa-debits-faqs.html

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
21 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

Also, so because I'm on social assistance regardless of what money I get you consider it not mine?

Why do you think they chose to call it this? It is designed to assist someone who has fallen to get back on their feet. In other words, it is supposed to pay someone's way for a small amount of time while they make every effort to get back on their feet and pay their own way again. It is not supposed to be used as a crutch whereby the payee coasts on the assistance in order to avoid rock bottom. You sir need rock bottom.

This is how it is supposed to work - Man loses job and applies for social assistance, begrudgingly, in order to feed his family while he searches for new job. Man finds new job in order to support his family anew and rises like the phoenix from the ashes of social assistance. Man is grateful that he lives in a society that takes care of their own and strives for success never wanting to rely on others again. 

This is how you are using it - Man child chooses not to gain employment. Man child uses social assistance, for a grossly over reaching amount of time, to fund his meagre lifestyle while living and eating in his parents house. Man child thinks assistance money is his own, that he is entitled to it, and tries to use it to play around with comics, toys, video games and online elf sex quests. Man child is extremely ungrateful that society has carried him for years and feels that he should have more because he's the victim of social assistance and becomes determined to rely on others more.

It is not YOURS, you're borrowing it from the government, the people, to get on your feet. You didn't earn it, someone else did. You are entitled to nothing, you receive what you do under the good graces of hard working people. At least try to be grateful and try to thank them by getting your rear out the house and making something for yourself. The people can't do everything for you, only you can save yourself. Get to it.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
29 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:

Taxes are paid regardless of whether you like it or not. What happens to it after you pay them is up to the government. You act as if I've never worked a day in my life when I've had plenty of jobs. I already explained my plans for this year so if you forgot them then check them out. 

Well, my parents said they wouldn't touch it and for a good while they didn't until they did. The reason why the shelf wasn't in my room because the shelf would take up a huge portion of my room and make it look smaller than it actually is. To be honest with you I was more cautious with my comics because they have more value but that's not to I didn't care about my toys and video games just that push came to shove and I chose to have my comic books in my room.

I'm actually pretty sane and if you knew the card that I'm getting you wouldn't be making assumptions. I never said that 591 was a good credit score just that it's the credit score I have and better than I thought it would be. Actually, the reason why my card is maxed out is due to me paying living expenses nothing more nothing less.

As for the job I've already explained that situation as well so go back a few pages and read it. Do you honestly think that I would be able to keep my social assistance as long as I have by doing nothing? You know I have to report to them monthly right? Both my financial earnings and how I've been doing with my job search.

By the way here's the link to the EXACT card that I'm getting so you don't think of any more assumptions.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/deposits/virtual-visa-debits-faqs.html

 

I read that bolded part and...yeah.  You're living under your parents' roof out of their generosity, and you have the audacity to complain about the size of your room? 

Buddy, you need a stint in the military.  I really don't know what else to say.

Share this comment


Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Why do you think they chose to call it this? It is designed to assist someone who has fallen to get back on their feet. In other words, it is supposed to pay someone's way for a small amount of time while they make every effort to get back on their feet and pay their own way again. It is not supposed to be used as a crutch whereby the payee coasts on the assistance in order to avoid rock bottom. You sir need rock bottom.

This is how it is supposed to work - Man loses job and applies for social assistance, begrudgingly, in order to feed his family while he searches for new job. Man finds new job in order to support his family anew and rises like the phoenix from the ashes of social assistance. Man is grateful that he lives in a society that takes care of their own and strives for success never wanting to rely on others again. 

This is how you are using it - Man child chooses not to gain employment. Man child uses social assistance, for a grossly over reaching amount of time, to fund his meagre lifestyle while living and eating in his parents house. Man child thinks assistance money is his own, that he is entitled to it, and tries to use it to play around with comics, toys, video games and online elf sex quests. Man child is extremely ungrateful that society has carried him for years and feels that he should have more because he's the victim of social assistance and becomes determined to rely on others more.

It is not YOURS, you're borrowing it from the government, the people, to get on your feet. You didn't earn it, someone else did. You are entitled to nothing, you receive what you do under the good graces of hard working people. At least try to be grateful and try to thank them by getting your rear out the house and making something for yourself. The people can't do everything for you, only you can save yourself. Get to it.  

Let me clear something up for you. Taxes are paid regardless of whether you like it or not even I pay them as well. It's not the good graces of the people my friend because if it were up to the people the social assistance program wouldn't exist and if it didn't it would have as much money in it as it does now. Another thing is that you don't know the situation that I was in when I asked for assistance again and don't act as you do. If you so badly want to see my plans for this year then just go back a few pages and read it's not that hard.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, mattn792 said:

I read that bolded part and...yeah.  You're living under your parents' roof out of their generosity, and you have the audacity to complain about the size of your room? 

Buddy, you need a stint in the military.  I really don't know what else to say.

Out of their generosity? Don't make me laugh. They made it clear to me what they care about. Money is all and if I didn't have that I wouldn't be living here.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Just now, uchiha101 said:

Out of their generosity? Don't make me laugh. They made it clear to me what they care about. Money is all and if I didn't have that I wouldn't be living here.

You do realize that by charging you to live there, they are actually trying to teach you some responsibility?  You're 26 (if the post above is accurate), time to fly little birdy.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

You do realize that by charging you to live there, they are actually trying to teach you some responsibility?  You're 26 (if the post above is accurate), time to fly little birdy.  

You don't need to lecture me on that. I have a good reason for what I said, that three months that I used my visa to pay for rent I begged my parents to let me live rent free for 3 months and I would pay them back with interest. They gave me a cold "NO" so that's exactly how I feel about it now. Don't give me the kind and generous card because I know my parents.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now