All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Did I say It is what it is already?
  3. The fascinating thing about Dave is that, virtually unheard of among creators, he had a collector's eye towards his own books. Most creators not only couldn't tell you the difference between a 9.8 and a 4.5, they wouldn't care, and think you're incredibly disturbed for caring. Dave, however...whether he was influenced by Bill Gaines, or just because it mattered to him personally...decided to pick the best copies of his books, brand now, and set them aside...starting in the 1977-1978 era, no less, when most people didn't even begin to think about such things in relation to comics. Incredible foresight that man had, and the reason why so many exist in such high grade today. Other independent books of the era surviving in high grade are flukes of nature, accidents. But not Dave. It's one of the reasons I love the man so much, warts and all.
  4. and as soon as something like the word 'Key' is attached to a book, it goes out of reach for anyone under the age of 20
  5. BLACK WIDOW LEGO Set And One Of The Coolest Marvel Legends Action Figures Yet Officially Revealed
  6. It is what it is. I think most sellers try and make books accessible for everyone. I get it, growing up my allowance was $.25 a week, but that said more about my parents than it did the market. I was still able to put together a decent collection.
  7. kav

Categorizing Keys

I did most of it.
  8. and put it out of reach for most. A kid could build a run of books, say 100 and not even have one of these so called 'Keys' you speak of.
  9. We (collectors, buyers and sellers) made the market.
  10. Holy! The concept art leaks are extensive. STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER - Over 100 Pieces Of Concept Art Have LEAKED Online Showing Unfilmed Scenes
  11. I understand the creators (Guys like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby) needed to make a living, but I don't believe they envisioned the collecting market that it is nowadays
  12. kav

Categorizing Keys

Yes Action #1 should be available to me at the price I can afford.
  1. Load more activity