All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks, and thanks for asking! Not unless I can upgrade them.
  3. I would guess 4.0 because of the foxing. The splash page is amazing! Great book!
  4. Wisconsin man sees Captain Marvel 116 times to break world record
  5. Absolutely lovely books! Will they be making their way to your Atlas sales thread?
  6. Show me the special thumb gremlin Chris, so I can be sure!
  7. It was a wonderful place and time to be a comic book collector, and timing is everything. I would take the bus downtown and go to four bookstores, the Goodwill Store, have lunch and take the bus back home. Then I met Leonard and my collecting world expanded. We took the back seat out of his 1952 Chevy so we could carry more comics and we put note cards or business cards in every supermarket we could find and you would be amazed by how successful that was. At the same time we were running ads advertising old comics for sale. After a few sales, word of mouth did the job and we could tell even then that selling old comics was easy but maintaining our inventory was going to be difficult. It was great meeting you, Bob, and my only regret is that I couldn't have stayed longer and enjoyed more of your fantastic collection.
  8. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-Comics-1-1941-CGC-page-15-/223479260028 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-Comics-1-1941-CGC-page-10-/223479259583
  9. Only gotta hear about the guy 26 times a day on average. Being from Chicago it never is gonna end. BTW a gallon of bleach is now known as a Smolletov Cocktail. Spread the word.
  10. "The only thing that's consistent is our inconsistency..."
  11. Man that's a nice find. Those Static 45s took me almost 10 years to find a copy. I have found 2 in the last couple of years, but very very elusive books to find. That Shazam and All Star look nice as well.
  12. And there were only six of us grading on any given day...
  13. I agree. To me a Frazetta signature is priceless.
  14. Personally, I've never understood the fascination with James Bond. While I can see the concept and character certainly holding a certain allure for people, for me the movies are mediocre to insufferably boring. I've seen virtually all of them going back to the 1960s and I just can't understand as hard as I try. The Craig movies are decent. But give me John Wick or Jason Bourne any day and twice on Sundays.
  15. hey all i know this isn't a silver age question. Its a modern question i was trying to figure out. So i was over at marvel.wikia.com website and they have the annual that came out back in sept 2018 listed as being part of vol. 4 run even though vol.5 already had 5 or 6 issues out. So i was curious is that annual from 2018 officially listed as part of vol. 4 and not vol. 5. I was just curious as the upcoming annual in june is listed as part of vol. 5. And if the one from last year is for vol. 4 i would need to relist it in my comics catalogue i have. So if any one could help me out that would be great. The issue is that one about symbiote suit story.
  1. Load more activity