All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Fortunately there are the enlightened lone wolves like yourself to set straight those who blindly follow the collective company mindset. I have no idea why you're directing all this hostility at me. I was collecting for a long time before CGC came around. I haven't changed certain of my opinions about comics just because CGC has a different opinion. I agree with lots of things that CGC says, but it doesn't mean I have to accept everything they say as gospel. I don't understand why you have a problem with that.
  3. Didn't it come out that without one guy gaming the system, Jason would have lived? It was very close regardless.
  4. Maybe, but at least he took the effort to explain the reasoning behind his opinion. If you're aware of facts that would show his reasoning is faulty, or have no different facts but can provide more persuasive reasoning of your own, you should do so.
  5. Want to buy or trade for Venus #17 or 18 in 7.0 or higher grade unrestored slabbed or raw. Will pay $10k-14k each depending on grade or if wanting to trade PM me and will send you a list of GA books I have for trade.
  6. Sure, you're entitled to be a paranoid, unreasonable . I'm just not sure what you think that accomplishes. You have repeatedly accused the OP of being a liar and a shill, all while blatantly misrepresenting his posts. You haven't acknowledged that the OP isn't saying anything people were unaware of in regards to PGX's grading, except that he felt they were unusually harsh on his last submission. And, for some reason, you still haven't attacked toro for doing the exact same thing as the OP, except with SA books.
  7. bane

Movie Index - E

Elizabeth Harvest (2018) Abby Lee, Ciaran Hinds, Carla Gugino, Matthew Beard & Dylan Baker Written & Directed by: Sebastian Gutierrez Platform: Netflix IMDB: 5.7/10, RT: 47% Rotten Runtime: 105 Minutes (Watched: all of it) Synopsis: Newlywed Elizabeth (Lee) arrives with her brilliant scientist husband Henry (Hinds) to his magnificent estate, where he wows her with lavish dinners and a dazzling tour of the property. The house staff Claire (Gugino) and Oliver (Beard) treat her differently but she can't shake the feeling something is off. Henry explains that everything in his world now belongs to her, all is for her to play in - all except for a locked-off room he forbids her from entering. When he goes away for business, Elizabeth decides to investigate. Verdict: A modern telling of Frankenstein, that is if Dr Frankenstein was the monster that was created. I enjoyed the first hour but after that it didn't really know where to go.
  8. bane

Movie Index - E

Eli (2019) - A Netflix original movie, only released 2 days ago, can't get fresher than that! Kelly Reilly, Charlie Shotwell, Max Martini, Lili Taylor, Sadie Sink Directed by: Ciaran Foy (Sinister 2) Platform: Netflix IMDB: 5.9/10, RT: 40% Rotten Runtime: 97 Minutes (Watched: all of it) Synopsis: A boy receiving treatment for his auto-immune disorder discovers that the house he's living in isn't as safe as he thought. Verdict: Better then your average supernatural haunted house movie with a few twists in the tale I thought was quite cool. Less about the scares and more about the story, I enjoyed it.
  9. bane

Movie Index - E

Eight Men Out (1988) Based upon the non-fiction book "Eight Men Out: The Black Sox and the 1919 World Series" (1963) by Eliot Asinof John Cusack, Clifton James, Jace Alexander, Gordon Clapp, Don Harvey, Bill Irwin, John Mahoney, Charlie Sheen, Michael Rooker, David Strathairn Directed by: John Sayles (Lone Star) Platform: Netflix IMDB: 7.2/10, RT: 86% Fresh Runtime: 121 Minutes (Watched: all of it) Synopsis: A dramatization of the Black Sox scandal when the underpaid Chicago White Sox accepted bribes to deliberately lose the 1919 World Series. Verdict: Good sports drama, well acted and yet another reminder that John Cusack was once a good actor!
  10. bane

Movie Index - E

Eddie The Eagle (2015) Inspired by the life of Eddie Edwards and his entry into the 1988 Winter Olympics Taron Egerton, Hugh Jackman, Jo Hartley, Keith Edwards, Mark Benton, Jim Broadbent & Christopher Walken Directed by: Dexter Fletcher (Rocketman) Platform: Netflix IMDB: 7.4/10, RT: 82% Fresh Runtime: 105 Minutes (Watched: all of it) Synopsis: The story of Eddie Edwards, the notoriously tenacious British underdog ski jumper who charmed the world at the 1988 Winter Olympics. Verdict: Very enjoyable feel good drama, Edwards himself said the film is 90% made up so take it as an inspiration rather than being based upon.
  11. bane

Movie Index - E

Easy Money (1983) Rodney Dangerfield, Joe Pesci, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Candice Azzara, Tom Noonan & Jennifer Jason Leigh Directed by: James Signorelli (Police Academy 2, Elvira) Platform: Netflix IMDB: 6.3/10, RT: 60% Fresh Runtime: 95 Minutes (Watched: 40 Minutes) Synopsis: To inherit his mother-in-law's colossal fortune, a hard-living gambling addict must change his unhealthy ways before they get the best of him. Verdict: I enjoyed the first part of the film, some slapstick and one liners and anytime Pesci was on screen but I was bored around the 40 minute mark.
  12. bane

Movie Index - E

Eagles of Death Metal: Nos Amis (Our Friends) (2017) Documentary Jesse Hughes, Josh Homme Directed by: Colin Hanks Platform: Netflix A very emotional documentary covering the terrorist attack at the Bataclan venue in Paris in which 89 people were killed. The documentary covers the band returning to Paris for a gig at the Olympia, the effect it has had on the band and the other survivors.
  13. Eagles of Death Metal: Nos Amis (Our Friends) - Documentary, Netflix Easy Money - Comedy, Netflix Eddie the Eagle - Biopic, NowTV Eight Men Out - Biopic, Netflix Eli - Horror, Netflix
  14. bane

Movie Index - D

The Duel (2016) Woody Harrelson, Liam Hemsworth, Alice Braga, Emory Cohen, Felicity Price, William Sadler Directed by: Kieran Darcy-Smith Platform: Netflix IMDB: 5.8/10, RT: 26% Rotten Runtime: 110 Minutes (Watched: 30 minutes) Synopsis: A Texas Ranger investigates a series of unexplained deaths in a town called Helena. Verdict: A slow plodding Western which didn't do enough to hold my attention, judging from the reviews I didn't miss much.
  15. Today
  16. I am still waiting for the other 4 comics I mentioned in my original post that I got graded by PGX and then CGC this year to arrive in the mail sometime next week. I only know about the CGC grades that those other 4 comics received because of checking the assigned grades online as of this past Friday (12/13).
  17. bane

Movie Index - C

Captain Marvel (2019) Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Djimon Hounsou, Lashana Lynch Directed by: Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck IMDB: 6.9/10, RT: 78% Fresh Platform: NowTV Synopsis: After crashing an experimental aircraft, Air Force pilot Carol Danvers is discovered by the Kree and trained as a member of the elite Starforce Military under the command of her mentor Yon-Rogg. Six years later, after escaping to Earth while under attack by the Skrulls, Danvers begins to discover there's more to her past. With help from S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Nick Fury, they set out to unravel the truth. Verdict: I enjoyed it for what it was, I thought Larson was fine but felt like she was holding back in her acting in a lot of scenes, either told to by the directors or because she was picking up a pay cheque, not sure. In other scenes she tries out the smug humour which only works if your RDJ really. The movie was visually stunning with some great fight and action scenes but felt it dragged in the middle. The de-aging of Jackson is amazing but didn't distract from the scenes he's in which is a good indicator that visual effects are doing their job. The "Marvel" humour again feels forced and unfunny, I don't know why there is a mandate to shoe horn humour into these movies, there are genuine funny moments but the "banter" just falls flat for me. I wouldn't watch it again and I put it into the same category as Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Thor 2, Iron Man 2&3, Age of Ultron etc.
  18. Re leaf casting and conservation, the examples I've noticed had leaf cast infills with no artwork added on them. I think if the artwork was recreated on the cast parts it would be categorised as restored. If that's right it makes sense - the raw leaf casting is only playing the role of returning structural integrity to the book.
  19. Another one of the comics I mentioned in my original post that I got graded by PGX and then CGC this year was: "6) The Tenth: Evil's Child #1 "Nude" Edition Wizard Authentic A.U. variant--personal estimate: 9.4; PGX grade: 9.2; CGC grade: 9.8" I received this comic back from CGC earlier this week. Below is the link to the CGC certification page for the comic and a photo of the comic. https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=2080833005
  20. bane

Movie Index - B

Byzantium (2013) Gemma Arterton, Saoirse Ronan, Sam Riley, Caleb Landry Jones Directed by: Neil Jordan (The Crying Game, Interview With The Vampire, Michael Collins) IMDB: 6.5/10, RT: 66% Fresh Runtime: 118 Minutes (watched all of it) Synopsis: Two mysterious women seek refuge in a run-down coastal resort. Clara meets lonely Noel, who provides shelter in his deserted guesthouse, Byzantium. Schoolgirl Eleanor befriends Frank and tells him their lethal secret. They were born 200 years ago and survive on human blood. As knowledge of their secret spreads, their past catches up on them with deathly consequence. Verdict: The acting is very good, especially Arterton and the movie is very atmospheric but the story is not always compelling and does drag in places.
  21. One of the comics I mentioned in my original post that I got graded by PGX and then CGC this year was: "1) Lady Mechanika: La Belle Dame Sans Merci #2 Metal Edition--personal estimate: 9.8; PGX grade: 9.8; CGC grade: 9.8" I sold this comic on eBay in late June after getting it graded with CGC in May (soon after I joined CGC in April), so I am unable to provide a photo of even the CGC-graded comic. However, here is the CGC certification page for the comic: https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=2036785001 And here is an image of my seller feedback on eBay showing that I sold the comic during the past 6 months:
  22. But the piece isn’t really does not demonstrate Sienkiewicz eventually evolved skill set or style. The Adams influence screams out. To me it’s like buying a Picasso when he was first drawing still life’s.
  23. You was questioning the colouring of the bold font of the 12 cent JIM 76 being brown and not black,. I'm just pointing out that they did use the font and colour on a 10 cents copy of a book in the same series. So, this....... Could still be a possibility
  24. As I stated in my original post, I sent my last submission of comics to be graded by PGX in January of this year. They were delayed in their shipping time in part due to waiting on new cases to arrive (but also due to snow in Eugene, OR). My order was received in January 11, and I was given an estimated shipping date of February 22. I was later told that because of the multiple delays, the new ETA on my order was March 11 or March 12, two months after my order had been received. Then on March 21 after receiving my order, I sent an email to PGX complaining about particles stuck in many of the cases (again, as stated in my original post). After realizing that many of the comics were also undergraded relative to my own grading estimates, that's when I decided I had enough of PGX and began to look into CBCS and CGC. Soon after that on April 2, I decided to become an Associate Member of CGC, which is the same day I made my first two CGC forum posts.
  1. Load more activity