All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I think that was pretty good and sets the bar for this book
  3. I agree! I don`t think it`s a bubble either. From what I can see the demand is only getting stronger, that along with (in my opinion) a good amount of the copies that have recently been sold will most likely end up tucked away in personal collections. This will then continue to drive the prices of Mask #1 and Mask #2 up! Strong demand and a dwindling supply along with both books being two of L.B.Cole`s most sought after comic books definitely adds fuel to the fire!
  4. Dean, I see only a small difference between last night's CC AF15 and the CL AF15 but not enough to justify an almost 70K gap in hammer price between the two. There can't be that many buyers at that level, and with less potential buyers in that pool with every 8.0 sale the more it will adversely affect price imo.
  5. Jax said thank you very much. He really needed that boost, Hes going thru a "I feel ugly faze" Mystafo I would like to point out that just because you were a little confused about my statement does not conclusively prove anything. To be fair. You could just be slow// now hold on...pump the breaks. theirs no shame here. maybe the umbilical cord got a little twisted. were you ever dropped? How do you feel about cerebral hematoma. Have you been tested? come on , I am gonna drive you over to this Dr. friend of mine, Hes a great proctologist and were going to have him test you for brain damage . but great taste in Dogs Now to be fair, I am going to consider my side of the fence for a moment . NAH I'm totally sane Here is another way to look at it ( Says the mouse who is walking across the mirror) in a numerical system where too fine of a point is being assigned, or if human judgement is the catalyst assigning a value on or near a point of diminishing return. Said results now become argumentative and subjective. open to interpretation. The blue ball - if i ask you what color the ball is, You say blue , I say blue on Saturday when asked again. we both still agree its blue by assigning a numerical value there is a high probability that the ball is indeed blue and shall remain blue. this math is pure and strong until the someone is color blind comes along and destroys all our careful calculations and hard work..THAT is more chaotic math. I am still not ruling out that you could be slow Jax , heard you were slow and wants to give you a milk bone dog biscuit
  6. Today
  7. Thanks brother!!! Dang man let’s track it down!! I think the boom of the internet with ebay and all the other auctions sites of course has definitely shed a light on what is truly hard to find/rare nowadays. I am sure you have only seen a handful of copies since maybe some of the same copy more than once but still it’s a tough one in any grade. Appreciate it my friend!!
  8. Dealing with James was a complete pleasure from the beginning to the end of each our of transactions! This was the first time that I had ever dealt with James so I was a little nervous and not quite sure what to expect especially since both of our back to back transactions consisted of comic books that were 5 figures each. James paid for both books just as he said he would and not only did James pay for the books as he stated but he also stayed in touch with me the whole time in order to make sure that I continued to feel comfortable. Our transactions went as smooth as possible and I can absolutely 100% recommend dealing with James! We also talked and texted outside of our transactions and I completely enjoyed each and every one of those conversations, he knows comic books well! James is definitely an asset to the comic book community! Thank you James! Isaac
  9. and they will fart , snort, burp also . wasn't jar jar banks your uncle? Look You didn't hear it from me. but one of those guys over there has some house slippers made out of your uncle Jar Jar Banks ears *nodz*
  10. I tried the new site yesterday and had zero complaints. It's a little different, but I can still get the info I come for with no trouble. GOD BLESS... -jimbo(a friend of jesus)
  11. Yeah Tried him, he wont be going this year, hes going to another convention instead. At this poibt I’ve kind of given up on that con. BUT I’m hoping for a facilitator for Comic Con Revolution Ontario. Any one planning to go to that one?
  12. Honestly, I see this happen all the time at cons -- millennials stroll around the booths. Comics, merchandise, cool but ho-hum. Spot tables with OA albums. Get that "whoaaaaa what is this" look in their eyes. And a good number fall into the rabbit hole. Pretty sure this is what happened with me, iirc.
  13. Sure enough Maybe we need to have a sticker that signifies the opposite of the CVA sticker to justify why books sell below what other copies in equivalent grades have sold for previously. Or is it possible with so many equivalent or similar graded copies of certain books hitting the auction blocks and CGC ensuring that the CPR game is running at warp speed, bidders might be paying less attention to the grades as compared to the past and starting to look more at the underlying book itself?
  14. I love Mystery Men 30. I got a copy with a missing centerfold for thirty bucks from Gary Dolgoff in the late nineties. I sure wish I kept that one. Congratulations on that nice copy, Gino.
  15. So you're saying they're OA investors
  16. On this thread Mental wanking? On the HA 2020 thread pulling a train and Deliverance references?... in response to the ASM Kingpin and gang Cover all standing over a fallen Spidey....and Green Goblin splash where Gobby helps Spidey touch his toes? Banjos? Purty mouths? BRING OUT THE GIMP? What has happened to our civilized community?
  17. Stunning..... I am not worthy to look upon their greatness.🙈
  18. Fair (1.0) - Fair/Good (1.5) Cover detached completely and reattached with scotch tape. Cover may be partially or entirely split and has been reattached with scotch tape along length of spine. Some inside some outside. Some minor to moderate water staining front and back cover. Chipping along open edge. Spine has pieces out (see pics) 1.5 inch tear bottom right fc Centerfold detached at bottom staple Pages are Cr/ow or slightly better asking $495 shipped
  19. Hard to play with a lot of you Big boys but here would be my top 3. Wonderworld Comics #31 from Nov. 1941 - This book is one of the rarest superhero comics in existence. I had looked for a copy for years. There are still only 4 total copies on the census and that includes a 0.5, this 2.0, a 2.5, then Jon Berks 9.0 so other that JBs the highest is a 2.5 and this book just tickles me pink every time I look at it. Presents very nicely and has gorgeous pages. To me personally it is a phenomenal cover as well which is one of the reasons I know it is truly a rare specimen as more copies would surely get subbed. If you look at the issues around this one they usually come in around 10-15 copies subbed. A true golden age rarity and one that I cherish. She's a keeper no doubt. Super Mystery Comics #5 from Dec 1940 - Another pretty rare book and is a key on top of that. 1st app. of one of Ace Periodicals mainstay villains the Clown who was clearly an answer to DCs prince of crime only months earlier in the Spring of 1940 with the Joker. Cool part about this character is he makes a cover app as well!! Inside funny for all you Bats 1 lovers. Only 6 copies on the census and this book presents stunningly well with WHITE pages a rare designation for a book of this age. Mystery Men Comics #30 Jan 1942 - Not sure if I called this my Last purchase of 2018 or my first 0f 2019 but either way it is making the list as it is one of my all time favorite books. Very rare in its own right with only 4 Blue labels on the census. A classic Blue Beetle hero/horror mashup and a super cool purple cover which really pops against the yellow logo. A book I will cherish forever no doubt.
  1. Load more activity