All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I looked up the address without the E and it still redirects me to the same address. I assume this was a sale on your site? I don’t ship directly to Canada (I used ebays global shipping program) so I’m not too familiar with shipping to Canada ‘was there any insurance or signature confirmation etc?
  3. Besides the numbers being slightly off, you could be describing me.
  4. CGC 9.6s usually bring about $60 to $70 on ebay. From that, deduct $10 as Paypal and ebay seller fees. $50 to $60 net, deduct CGC grading fees + postage both ways. It's a break even proposition, maybe, if you get a 9.6, which I don't think this will achieve. You have to submit one of these that you think will make 9.8 to make financial/submission sense, unless you just want to own a slabbed copy, and if that's the case, just buy a CGC 9.6 for $60 or so.
  5. Customer has initiated a chargeback claiming he has not gotten the book. Customer claimed when he spoke to me on the phone that somebody re-routed the book to a different address. I do not have a scan of the book, unfortunately this was shipped out while I was doing the 4 shows in a row in March. This is what happens when you do things in a hurry. I will try and post the serial number of the book. I will be contacting Canadian Post office tomorrow as well as my credit card processor regarding this chargeback.
  6. Joey P might be able to. The crew at CGC might be able to. They're the best. But IMO, it could be a disaster if the paper doesn't bend to their will. An attractive book to begin with, revising the roll is more of a risk than potential reward, especially that 2.0 or 3.0; it's going to bring a 4.0 price either way.
  7. I've taken the last day or so to try and look back at past discussions on this topic. What it seemed to boil down to, at least in the beginning when marketplace guidelines were being defined, was dealer vs. regular guy and a battle for marketplace real estate. From what I've been able to find, most members who were opposed did not want the marketplace here to become a "dumping ground" for dealer stock that was also available elsewhere (eBay, etc.). The main concern seemed to be that these massive, never changing sales threads would take up valuable "front/first page" space in the marketplace, thus taking away from any sales that the average collector might have. I do not believe this would occur with the VCC. The way the VCC is set up now, there is no rush to claim valuable first page space. The sale space in the VCC is divided into 4+ separate selling areas (called "Halls" or "Aisles") and are limited to no more than 10 sellers per hall. Everyone for the most part has an equally visible space available to them as no one post or thread will ever bump the other into obscurity. Also, the way the booths are required to be setup for the VCC is actually, imo, prohibitive to just dumping unsold/unsellable "dealer stock". People who have graciously setup at past VCCs will tell you that setup is more work than a regular sales thread. If you care nothing about contributing to a CGC Chat Board tradition (like the VCC) or care nothing for more than free exposure for your eBay store, it will be clear very quickly that the VCC may not be for you. And when you consider that the VCC is literally 34 hours, 3 times per year, it seems even less likely that this will happen. It just won't be worth the time. That said, it's possible that someone(s) will try to take advantage of this change, and we can deal with these instances on a case by case basis like we do with all other matters on this chat board. Please remember that this is not a request to change the exclusivity rule across the board for all sales areas. My intention for this idea was to create something special that might help drive sellers to the VCC. It is my thought that, more sellers brings more buyers, and in return would bring more sellers. I think, and the poll numbers and comments in this thread seem to support, that it is worth at least a trial run for the remainder of the VCCs in 2019 (August 10th and December 7th) I would hope a "board exclusive price or discount" would accompany these type of listings as well. I do a lot of advertising for the VCC (some of it paid) and I would love to be able to advertise discounts like this when I send out the Index Of Sellers throughout the weekends of the VCC.
  8. I sold a Incredible Hulk #181 CGC VF/NM 9.0 with White pages on 3/25/19 to. Andrei Popovici949 Rue de la GauchetiereMontreal, QC H2L 4Z7 CANADA First email I got from him was this Andrei Popovici (l.popovici.andrei@gmail.com)To:you (Bcc) + 1 more Details Hi Bob, hope your vacation went well. We have a little problem here. My comic is out for delivery today but apparently you sent it to the wrong address. Now they refuse to redirect it since they can't and it's in Quebec city ( 3 hours away from Montréal). May i ask you to what adress did you send it to? My correct adress is : 949 Rue de la Gauchetière E, Montréal, QC, H2L 4Z7. Thank you 2nd email I got is this Andrei Popovici (l.popovici.andrei@gmail.com)To:you Details Hi Bob now the package was delivered to god knows where could you help me with retriving it? They told me the expeditor has to call them. Cheers On Wed., Apr. 3, 2019, 9:26 a.m. , <rcsblazing@aol.com> wrote: 3rd and last email was this Andrei Popovici (l.popovici.andrei@gmail.com)To:you Details Hi bob i am on the phone with them again i will let you know shortly because i am asking them what they need from you. Thank you On Thu., Apr. 4, 2019, 2:51 p.m. Bob, <rcsblazing@aol.com> wrote:
  9. Yup. Brand new label, brand new serial number.
  10. Similar to the previous post, if in your opinion this copy scores high enough, I’d like to submit it for official grading. What do you guys think?
  11. I have a lot of money in this book and could never afford to do this a 2nd time
  12. Of course holding a book is the same as buying it, in terms of allocation of resources. But the endowment effect is real, and we are not purely logical economic beings. Where people on the board get their minds in a twist is often in relation to their cost basis in the book.
  13. If popular opinion gives this a top grade, I’d like to send it in to be slabbed. What do you think?
  14. That is so nice.. and appreciated! the 28th I think I have a family thing but I will PM you. Thank you so much!
  15. How many times dis Flash race Superman? Looking at getting a 175 this year.
  16. Today
  17. I have a similar question to this. I just got a book and found on one page, the top portion of the page came loose from the staple. The bottom of the page is still attached to the bottom staple. I'm just wondering how much this will affect the overall grade/condition of the book. Thanks!
  18. Curious, do the exclusives, like this one, tend to sell out on day 1. Or will there be stock for each day?
  1. Load more activity