All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. My money's on them setting a new record for the average number of deaths in a season by the end of episode 3.
  3. I've been assuming they're the equivalent of Tolkien's ents, i.e. a living embodiment of the Earth who symbolize the harm done by man to the environment, but unlike the ents their intent is to reset things by wiping out humanity entirely. I guess we'll find out, but if that's Martin's intent, it makes the impending battle so much more dramatic if their ultimate intent is for everyone to die.
  4. That Natalie Portman appearance has people super-excited she may come back for Thor 4. I didn't realize Portman had recommended Patty Jenkins as director for Thor 2.
  5. Today
  6. And no, I haven't read it Maurice! Nice cover though.
  7. In the comming decade Disney will develop their X-men property into multiple movies and series. In this process the original silver age run will undoubtedly be mined for ideas and characters. Imho the first Cerebro ish could be a serious sleeper.
  8. Forget about 361, if you're looking for a great Spidey investment book with lots more growth, try 238. The Hobgoblin is bound to EXPLODE SOON! Just keep it between us though
  9. There is a July 17 stamp here: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/450544-amazing-spider-man-27-97-vg-vf-raw-oww-pages/?do=findComment&comment=10663572
  10. Charlton Comics from what I can gather, had their hiatus for advertising around the mid 60s ..... Like most things Charlton they liked to get most for their buck, mention all titles for the genre and focus on one , or two particular issues.... From 1965... 1966.... And 1967....
  11. #5 they have already explained in the show. The Children were at war with men at the time and they created the White Walkers to combat men. As to whether or not the Night King is a Stark or not? coming soon to a HBO near you.
  12. Here's one for the war guys. In fact here another one, this time from 1966, the B&W full page inner cover promo ad. for OAAW #169
  13. I don't know if the link above killed the thread, or just lack of interest, but I'd like to try and kick-start this thread again to see if we get any fresh response on it. DC probably had the best publicity dept at the time and produced some little gems. Marvel/Atlas didn't seem to get into house ad until the mid Silver Age, and other publishers could be hit and miss in self promotion, but like Silver says in the original post, they did drive us crazy for more, and they were a handy reference too! This one interested me because it came at the cusp of DC raising their prices from 10 cents to 12, so the price is left blank. Meanwhile, over at Marvel in 1962....
  1. Load more activity