In answer to your question Bomber.
I went on several sites looking at actual (SOLD) prices.... they indicated a 9.8 could be had from $250 on up to $375.00
You'll notice my use of the following symbol (+) after the price....Which would indicate to most individuals (and up).
Now being new and not wanting tick anyone off, I actually read the guidelines for posting....below is the excerpt that I read...and followed to the letter. Please read it and comprehend what I was instructed to do.... fully before responding please.
"Please make an effort to give some indication of the RANGE and GRADE that you WILL buy in. This helps everyone understand whether it's worth their time to help you out. This may not be your top dollar offer, but it should be a number that indicates your seriousness. If you post $1 for $200 comic, then I would expect a pretty weak response. If you post "in the range of guide" or whatever, then you'll probably do better."
This forum is for CGC and/or raw books only.
These guidelines may be amended or altered from time to time. We do NOT monitor transactions or take any responsibility for them, so please make every effort of due diligence in your purchasing and selling.
Edited January 4, 2012 by Architecht
1) I specifically posted a Range and a Grade that I would buy in. Which was a Walking Dead # 4 Cgc 9.8 and was expecting to pay $250.00 and up...
2) The 3rd sentence I read in The WTB Guidelines is....This may not be your top dollar offer, but it should be a number that indicates your seriousness.
3) So as I understood. It was not to be my top dollar offer......Nor did I indicate I wanted a Walking Dead # 4 for $1.00 which would be rediculous.
3) I'm sure that if I put $375.00 down ....every comic you would try to sell me would be that price or more.
4) I'm not here to be taken advantage of......
Now after following the posted guidelines and it being my very first post. I'm snidely chastised with your remark...
"Just curious, did someone tell you this is a good place to pick up books on the cheap ?"
Please then either read the guide yourself and leave me alone... or have someone change it so I don't post something, and have someone like yourself make me feel uncomfortable for posting to the letter of the guidelines.
I'm curious to know now if you have a comic for sale, and what your asking price would be. Or are you trying to razz the newbie?
Now if I'm mistaken about this I apologize, but I have no patience for people who in their own self importance like to put people down....