• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

SKYPINKBLU...

THANK YOU...but it's impossible for me to stay on this site as it continues to Crash on me.  It's taken a full day and

multiple attempts to answer your message.  I have no trouble across the street or on NOSTOMANIA where they have

both worked with me and appreciated my collection.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Marty Mann

Sorry to hear this, Marty.  I recommend sending @Architecht and @Scott =) both a PM.  They may be able to help you.

3 hours ago, scumdolly said:

That seemed like a high price given the grade/ description...

I have a 3.5  with a small piece out of the front. I was willing to upgrade to one with a piece off the back;) But I was outbid, I actually lowered what I was going to bid at the end because 2 people withdrew their bids early, I guess they were testing mine because I got notes that I was high bidder again.

I don't think it was the seller, but that stuff turns me off, so I didn't want to bid what I had planned. Both of them sniped at the end, one of them won.  I was wondering if it was a boarder.

As usual, Wonder Woman keys rose in price a few years before the movie,

Usually after the movie prices come back down, or drop. 

Is this the case? I feel like no?  Does anyone know?  And what are the dates of the sale/data used?

I'd guess 3 years before June 2nd 2017 so 2014 prices vs the past 6 months?  Too soon? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

As usual, Wonder Woman keys rose in price a few years before the movie,

Usually after the movie prices come back down, or drop. 

Is this the case? I feel like no?  Does anyone know?  And what are the dates of the sale/data used?

I'd guess 3 years before June 2nd 2017 so 2014 prices vs the past 6 months?  Too soon? 

Thanks

When I first started seriously collecting GA (well, as seriously as I could afford at the time), I was looking for Batman/Superman books. A friend told me to look for Wonder Woman instead. He said they were much cheaper in comparison and much scarcer.

They had a long way to go to reach the prices of the other two series, forget about Timelys, just the DCs.

I think they still have a way to go. I don't see prices falling, but I DO see more available than there used to be. I guess the movie woke people up.

The only data I can use is my own collection. This is the only series I'm always trying to upgrade and it's been getting steadily harder, especially over the past year.

I don't really see a drop. I've gotten outbid on a lot of books even when I put in bids that would have easily won last year.

On 2/17/2018 at 7:27 PM, Robot Man said:

I've never owned a Sensation #5. Closest I ever got was a #6. Imagine my surprise when thumbing through All Star #10 today and found this ad. Always wondered where this button came from. Sharon, any other issues or just #5?

wonderwomanbuttonad.jpg

Sorry, all my lower number books are slabbed now and I can't page though them.  

Sensation 6 is a much tougher issue than the 5, though. 

On 2/9/2018 at 9:21 AM, comicdonna said:
On 2/9/2018 at 9:17 AM, Marty Mann said:

SKYPINKBLU...

THANK YOU...but it's impossible for me to stay on this site as it continues to Crash on me.  It's taken a full day and

multiple attempts to answer your message.  I have no trouble across the street or on NOSTOMANIA where they have

both worked with me and appreciated my collection.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Marty Mann

Sorry to hear this, Marty.  I recommend sending @Architecht and @Scott =) both a PM.  They may be able to help you.

+1

On 2/12/2018 at 11:29 AM, skypinkblu said:

Anyone here win the Sensation 13 on eBay last night? 

Sensation 13 is the hotness! 2nd best Wonder Woman "key" apart from All-Star 8, Sensation 1 and WW 1? (along with Wonder Woman for President, of course)

Just now, SuperBird said:

Sensation 13 is the hotness! 2nd best Wonder Woman "key" apart from All-Star 8, Sensation 1 and WW 1? (along with Wonder Woman for President, of course)

Actually, both 6's are keys, first Cheetah, first Lasso. 13 is a great cover. I keep looking for an upgrade, but I seem to give up before I win;)

5aa9bc21f0502_sensation13cgc001.thumb.jpg.a913092ead21cb13d9383d94c8945edb.jpg

Just now, SuperBird said:

None of these really come up for sale as much as their Superman/ Batman counterparts.

Is Cheetah really a character that's cared about?  

Absolutely, one of the first villains in the series and they had a long time relationship, kind of like Supes and Luthor. 

She is going to be the villain in the 2nd movie...and WW #2, is the first Mars and Origin of Mars, if you saw the 1st movie, he was the super villain.