• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

Love it! @Montezuma, thanks for posting it:)

Love @scumdollys books, too. 

I sent in a lot of my books to be graded, not that they'll be such high grades, but I thought it would be nice for them to have matching slabs...just in case I want to make a coffee table or something. When I get them back, I'll post some.

I just came across this pic from an issue of Wizard in the early 2000s.  The Wonder Woman ashcan is one of my favorite books of all time.  I immediately felt seller's remorse when i sold it 15 years ago.  I noticed it will be in an upcoming sale on CL this summer.  Truly a piece of comic book history.

Gary and Steve.jpg

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I won this on clink last night, not a high grade but better than the copy I had already, and it's really a tough book to find (watch, 37 copies will pop up on eBay tomorrow;) 

00118050845000111228906006.jpg

..And like Sensation 26, another cool Wonder Woman Train cover! Congrats Sha! :applause:

On 6/23/2018 at 6:08 AM, skypinkblu said:

I won this on clink last night, not a high grade but better than the copy I had already, and it's really a tough book to find (watch, 37 copies will pop up on eBay tomorrow;) 

00118050845000111228906006.jpg

Great book Sha, and it presents much better than a 4.5 & the dual train cover is neat. I checked and found that only 36 copies have suddenly appeared on E-Bay. lol

This thread is slow lately, I guess we need another movie. Saw the WW #83 above, great copy with White Pages, and thought I would show off my copy. It used to be the single highest graded but it looks like there is now another 8.5 in the census. This was from my raw collection, submitted myself, not pressed.

2601132215161.jpg

8 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

This thread is slow lately, I guess we need another movie. Saw the WW #83 above, great copy with White Pages, and thought I would show off my copy. It used to be the single highest graded but it looks like there is now another 8.5 in the census. This was from my raw collection, submitted myself, not pressed.

2601132215161.jpg

That's an amazing copy (worship) & I would venture to say the cover art stands out compared to nearby issues. A check of the census shows only 5 books graded at 7.0 or higher. 

On 6/30/2018 at 10:54 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

2601132215161.jpg

I felt like even the WW movie barely did much for this thread...

I think a huge amount of WW collectors just aren’t the forum type.

In 1942, Associate Editor Alice Marble sent out advance copies of Wonder Woman #1 along with a letter discussing the comic which was distributed to prominent women in America. Prior to this new position in comics Alice Marble was considered the greatest female tennis player and had won the World's Amateur Championship. Ms. Marble can notably be considered one of the pioneering women involved in the comic book industry.

Included in the packet was an advanced copy of Wonder Woman #1, a letter explaining the packet and discussing the positive benefits for children that Wonder Woman offered, a form letter asking for submissions of individuals who should be featured in the Wonder Women of History feature, and a return envelope to Alice Marble.

In her letter, Ms. Marble explains that Wonder Woman is the only comic character of its type and describes her as a female "Superman". She also noted that women still have many problems and have not yet reached their full potential in society. It was her belief that this publication could have a lasting effect on the minds of the youth in the country. The inaugural issue of Wonder Woman featured the story of Florence Nightingale and the second issue was planned to feature Clara Barton. It was Ms. Marble's desire to receive input of the nations leading women in business, public, and professional life to determine which famous women should be included in the series. 

4.jpeg.7301784653b704ca6a8de9502101ee81.jpeg

2.jpeg.88d8016c2262bdaa2187eb4c0e9cc4ae.jpeg3.jpeg.eb1bf186a7b92bc1d45f17fe1a7278d9.jpeg

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I bought this quite a few years ago on eBay. Mark Wilson had restored it and had put the pages back in inverse order (the centerfold was the first wrap ) duh;)

I gave it to another restorer, so that the pages could be in the right order and he and his partner talked me into pressing it. They said it had a sub crease. Anyway, when I bought the book, with the pages wrong, it had been graded a (CGC) 5.5) when I got it back after having it pressed, it was a CGC 4.5. The back was very crinkled, it was a mess. I can't seem to find a picture, but it definitely looked worse than when I gave it to the person (and I'm not naming him here) . He did offer to repress it, but it involved his fees, shipping and of course new cgc fees, so I passed.

At the time I told Joeypost about it and he said he'd try and fix it. He's the only person I have used since and I've never been sorry.  I waited about 10 years to send it to him, because I was so annoyed, I didn't like looking at the book...but I should not have waited, he's a miracle worker.

I was never a fan of pressing, but Joey changed my view. I've had books with horrendous spine rolls he's fixed, books that looked like someone slept with them fixed and now this...(worship)

Thanks @joeypost

130433944_wonderwoman1cgc600001.thumb.jpg.f6af65ca636e5ca0213ab6fc5b491efd.jpg

:golfclap:

(worship) (worship)

4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I bought this quite a few years ago on eBay. Mark Wilson had restored it and had put the pages back in inverse order (the centerfold was the first wrap ) duh;)

I gave it to another restorer, so that the pages could be in the right order and he and his partner talked me into pressing it. They said it had a sub crease. Anyway, when I bought the book, with the pages wrong, it had been graded a (CGC) 5.5) when I got it back after having it pressed, it was a CGC 4.5. The back was very crinkled, it was a mess. I can't seem to find a picture, but it definitely looked worse than when I gave it to the person (and I'm not naming him here) . He did offer to repress it, but it involved his fees, shipping and of course new cgc fees, so I passed.

At the time I told Joeypost about it and he said he'd try and fix it. He's the only person I have used since and I've never been sorry.  I waited about 10 years to send it to him, because I was so annoyed, I didn't like looking at the book...but I should not have waited, he's a miracle worker.

I was never a fan of pressing, but Joey changed my view. I've had books with horrendous spine rolls he's fixed, books that looked like someone slept with them fixed and now this...(worship)

Thanks @joeypost

130433944_wonderwoman1cgc600001.thumb.jpg.f6af65ca636e5ca0213ab6fc5b491efd.jpg

2110953752_wonderwoman1cgc600002.thumb.jpg.df89e0b4a4dab498184b56ca8c836057.jpg

Fantastic!