• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

Seems to me that the WW thread is getting some legs and fans attention lately. I always loved the titled and I'm glad to see other fans enjoy it as much as me. Just stay about from the nice books in the coming year.
Didn't my daughter buy this one from you?

sensationcomics72.jpg

Sure did. Was a Metro 6.5.

Seems to me that the WW thread is getting some legs and fans attention lately. I always loved the titled and I'm glad to see other fans enjoy it as much as me. Just stay about from the nice books in the coming year.
Didn't my daughter buy this one from you?

sensationcomics72.jpg

The funny thing about WW covers from 60-97 is that as great as the covers are, the interiors are just awful. As I understand it, these were HG Peter's declining years and one can see the all-too-loose artwork of the once great Peter.

What a breath of fresh air it must have been with issue 98 and the beginning of the reign of Andru and Esposito.

Irv Novick did some fantastic covers during this time period. One wonders what kind of interior artwork Mr. Novick would have produced at that time if he was given the book.

Bill

SensationComics8355-November1948.jpg

That #83 is SO tough to find....most of them are really faded, congrats!

I guess I buy the books based on the covers, not on the interior artwork, I've never exactly expected the Grapes of Wrath inside the books...and drawing that small always seemed very hard to me...but they are fun anyway:)