• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2017 at 3:50 PM, batt90 said:

My first post here tho it should be my wife Allie who is the WW collector in the family putting this up. Here is Sensation 1 to 10 of which she has the complete run plus the 3 early solo All Star appearances and is going for the All Stars that feature WW more then a few panels 

Sensation 1 to 10.jpg

Group run pics look so cool!  I was working on a early sensation run myself, but had to sell to pay for other books. >< I kept the most important one so I look forward to starting up again someday.  

They look so cool in just mylars!  Thanks for sharing!

7 hours ago, batt90 said:

Guess what Sky? That was my wife Allie. U met both of us that day. We were there for me because Phil had and I wanted and  won a sealed  Golden Records Batman kit that day. Wow this is very cool. I remember that day well cause I got it for a steal. I do remember u and Allie thought  you were very nice. Are you on Facebook? That is about the only net Allie does. If I can't get her to sign up here maybe you 2 could connect that way. I am on it too.

Sorry, no, I don't do facebook, but please tell her hi for me, I had a feeling it was you, but it was a while ago, and I didn't remember exactly where you were from:)  I thought she was very nice as well. Amazing collection she has accumulated. I'm always hoping more female collectors will show up here:) 

I am trying to get her to join but she has her reasons and its nothing to do with being here. She remembers that day too. Its nice to be in touch again.

Edited by batt90

I think this is too easy for this group but what the heck I will give it a go. What is significant from a Wonder Woman perspective about this book (without looking it up)?

Peter porkchop.jpg

Edited by batt90

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, skypinkblu said:

So nice to hear that there is another female WW collector:)

Actually we know several, some quite serious, and I bet some people here know them too B|

On 3/19/2017 at 4:38 PM, batt90 said:

I think this is too easy for this group but what the heck I will give it a go. What is significant from a Wonder Woman perspective about this book (without looking it up)?

Peter porkchop.jpg

Wonder Woman tries to teach about being healthy ...or something like that. 

On 3/17/2017 at 3:53 PM, G.A.tor said:
On 3/17/2017 at 3:53 PM, batt90 said:

Here is Wonder Woman 1 to 10. She has the complete run of this as well 

WW 1 to 10.jpg

Great stuff Art!

+1

Definitely a nice run of books to have right now, especially considering that the new Wonder Woman movie is right on the horizon.  (thumbsu

After having only nothing except what basically amounts to high profile flops over the past few years, I believe this new Wonder Woman movie has a chance at being the first real winner for the DCU.  Not sure if any success (hopefully) will translate into higher prices for the GA Wonder Woman books, although the hype over the past couple of years has definitely already awaken the 3 major WW keys along with a few others from their extended slumber.  hm

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, lou_fine said:

+1

Definitely a nice run of books to have right now, especially considering that the new Wonder Woman movie is right on the horizon.  (thumbsu

After having only nothing except what basically amounts to high profile flops over the past few years, I believe this new Wonder Woman movie has a chance at being the first real winner for the DCU.  Not sure if any success (hopefully) will translate into higher prices for the GA Wonder Woman books, although the hype over the past couple of years has definitely already awaken the 3 major WW keys along with a few others from their extended slumber.  hm

Sellers are definitely trying to push up prices of the keys and some of the early issues but I am not seeing any real upward movement on a lot of her GA  runs yet. It will be interesting to see what the movie does to them if it is the success I think it will be.

3 hours ago, batt90 said:

Sellers are definitely trying to push up prices of the keys and some of the early issues but I am not seeing any real upward movement on a lot of her GA  runs yet. It will be interesting to see what the movie does to them if it is the success I think it will be.

I think the "movie moving all price" theory doesn't nec apply to ga "run" books

yes, media brings new interest, new demand and so naturally there is an initial upward pressure on certain books of the character ...but I just don't see a movie affecting the price of sensation 47 or ww 28. Not really the way the market works. 

That said, I am really looking forward to the movie in a few weeks

Edited by G.A.tor

I'd agree, I see asking prices at insane amounts, but unless there is a pedigree or a very high grade, I'm not seeing selling prices of the not so wonderful covers going crazy. 
They are definitely higher than years ago, and I think people are starting to realize they are not so easy to find, but it's nothing like that Groot book.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, skypinkblu said:

I'd agree, I see asking prices at insane amounts, but unless there is a pedigree or a very high grade, I'm not seeing selling prices of the not so wonderful covers going crazy. 
They are definitely higher than years ago, and I think people are starting to realize they are not so easy to find, but it's nothing like that Groot book.

I am Groot. I am Groot I am Groot :flipbait:

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2007 at 8:21 PM, comicdonna said:

sensationcomics72.jpg

I never got to the beginning of this thread, just never had time. Hanging out today in front of the pc in kind of a dragged out leave me alone mood instead of being out in the fantastic weather I figured I would start going thru it at least a little bit so I hope no one minds a comment or 2 on  posts this far back. This book was one tough one for Allie to get if I remember correctly and the last one she needed to finish the run. I love the arrival date on it and wish all my books had them too.

25 minutes ago, batt90 said:

I never got to the beginning of this thread, just never had time. Hanging out today in front of the pc in kind of a dragged out leave me alone mood instead of being out in the fantastic weather I figured I would start going thru it at least a little bit so I hope no one minds a comment or 2 on  posts this far back. This book was one tough one for Allie to get if I remember correctly and the last one she needed to finish the run. I love the arrival date on it and wish all my books had them too.

Enjoy it. It's a great thread 

Well I am gonna go out in about 5 minutes and burn in the sun for a bit. This is gonna take a while and I will dip in and out here over time. Thought I would post up this book since its been a while since I posted anything

Alliecomiccav#8.jpg

3 minutes ago, batt90 said:

Well I am gonna go out in about 5 minutes and burn in the sun for a bit. This is gonna take a while and I will dip in and out here over time. Thought I would post up this book since its been a while since I posted anything

Alliecomiccav#8.jpg

Fun book

This is the first time anyone ever saw Wonder Woman when this card was sent out in Oct 1941 to newspaper editors announcing Sensation 1. It was sent out probably right before All Star 8 hit the stands