• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

Just now, skypinkblu said:

I know I've mentioned this a few times, WW 6 was the last book I needed to complete the series. Same thing for GAtor. There are more copies around now, but still hard to find. Sensation 6 was the last book I needed to complete the Sensation series.

Same with GAtor. Those 6's are tough;) I don't know why, but I don't have a scan of my Sensation 6. Probably because it's in a huge slab.

5aa9be08a1952_wonderwoman6001.jpg.1d26903574fec4fbdd67590cc886d22a.jpg

amazing looking copy

1 minute ago, SuperBird said:

amazing looking copy

Thanks, it took me a long time to find that book...then one day on eBay at 3am, I thought I was dreaming;)

Action 23 was the first GA book I ever bought, it  was coverless missing the centerfold (who knew about centerfolds back then;) ?

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I know I've mentioned this a few times, WW 6 was the last book I needed to complete the series. Same thing for GAtor. There are more copies around now, but still hard to find. Sensation 6 was the last book I needed to complete the Sensation series.

Same with GAtor. Those 6's are tough;) I don't know why, but I don't have a scan of my Sensation 6. Probably because it's in a huge slab.

One book i constantly regret selling years ago (and my WW 98's -i used to own two copies :pullhair: )

Well with the announcement of Cheetah appearing in WW 2 , this one will continue to climb. Great book Sharon :applause:

16 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

It’s the truth. Sha and I had many conversations about the 6’s

5 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Do you have group shots of your WW collection? would love to see. 

If you scroll up to the beginning of the thread, I had posted  pictures. I've upgraded a lot of them since, but you can get an idea;)

Finally found pics of my old copies of the two 6's. Bought them both on separate occasions from the old NY Big Apple comic cons that used to be held at a large Church. Got them graded and thought i would never sell them, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel were my favorite super heroes to collect at that time (then i 'discoverd' MLJ, Ace and other esoterics and sold them off). Bonus pic, my old Whiz 22 (do you own it now @G.A.tor )? If memory serves me right, i sent it to a winner on eBay in Florida a ways back. 

Still, wish now i held onto them, Oh well...

IMG_00001169.jpg

IMG_00001176.jpg

IMG_00001135.jpg

Edited by sagii

56 minutes ago, sagii said:

Finally found pics of my old copies of the two 6's. Bought them both on separate occasions from the old NY Big Apple comic cons that used to be held at a large Church. Got them graded and thought i would never sell them, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel were my favorite super heroes to collect at that time (then i 'discoverd' MLJ, Ace and other esoterics and sold them off). Bonus pic, my old Whiz 22 (do you own it now @G.A.tor )? If memory serves me right, i sent it to a winner on eBay in Florida a ways back. 

Still, wish now i held onto them, Oh well...

IMG_00001169.jpg

IMG_00001176.jpg

IMG_00001135.jpg

Winner of whiz 22 in Florida... hm I wonder lol

The Hakes auction AS8 coverless missing CF went for nearly $4500.  Any thoughts on that price?  I think they could have possibly made more using CC or CL.

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/220400/ALL-STAR-COMICS-8-DECEMBER-1941-JANUARY-1942-CGC-NG-FIRST-WONDER-WOMAN

Full disclosure: (I was interested in this auction because I have an AS8 coverless missing the OW and wanted to get an idea of pricing)

On 6/4/2017 at 8:02 PM, G.A.tor said:

I think your data is off. WW 1 sells about 8k a point. I've been getting 10-12k a point for sensation 1 for over a year. 

Only one ugly 3.0 had sold for 18k 

but the market had been 10+ for a while. WW 1 has been 7-8k

The Sensation 1 8.5 OW in the CC auction went for $153k, or about $18k per point.  I thought that was rather impressive given that some mid-grade AS8 books have fetched more in the $15k range (just based off of the 6.5 in GPA that sold for $93k in Feb and a few examples from 2017).  Is it because it's a top 7 highest graded census book, or is it driven by the fact that there aren't any readily available for sale on the major sites? 

Like many other books, seems the market is really on fire right now for WW keys.  I was a bit surprised by the hammer price on this one.  

56 minutes ago, CrocHntr said:

The Sensation 1 8.5 OW in the CC auction went for $153k, or about $18k per point.  I thought that was rather impressive given that some mid-grade AS8 books have fetched more in the $15k range (just based off of the 6.5 in GPA that sold for $93k in Feb and a few examples from 2017).  Is it because it's a top 7 highest graded census book, or is it driven by the fact that there aren't any readily available for sale on the major sites? 

Like many other books, seems the market is really on fire right now for WW keys.  I was a bit surprised by the hammer price on this one.  

I agree, very impressive.

I think there was a premium price per point because it was very high grade for a book that’s pretty rare. IMO mid grade would still hammer way lower price per point

On 3/14/2018 at 8:20 PM, skypinkblu said:

Actually, both 6's are keys, first Cheetah, first Lasso. 13 is a great cover. I keep looking for an upgrade, but I seem to give up before I win;)

5aa9bc21f0502_sensation13cgc001.thumb.jpg.a913092ead21cb13d9383d94c8945edb.jpg

I've been outbid on a couple of these lately.  Double whammy of both WW and Hitler covers heating up. 

I assume "all the time" includes 1957!  At any rate, I really like the cover, even though I'm not much of a WW collector.

A little backstory on this copy:  A boardie asked me about it, so I pulled it out and found that it was in an old new slab -- the ones with no inner well.  And, sure enough, it suffered from the rippling those slabs cause.  :whatthe:

I notified CGC and they took it back, pressed out the ripples, and sent it back to me in about three weeks, gratis.  

2018-03-26-0002_zpson3sz8vz.JPG