• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I've been outbid on a couple of these lately.  Double whammy of both WW and Hitler covers heating up. 

Yes Sensation 13 seems to be a tough book. I'm in the same boat :-)

So many Sensations are tough, this book only has 9 on the census, that's why I bid on it last night despite the fact I have to pay tax on Heritage, which puts me at a disadvantage bidding. Only 35 more to upgrade...I quit every year, but it's still March, lol.

5ab94a5a84f18_sensation96cgcheritage.thumb.jpg.17146dfe7346e470f759ea9cd2d79928.jpg

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

So many Sensations are tough, this book only has 9 on the census, that's why I bid on it last night despite the fact I have to pay tax on Heritage, which puts me at a disadvantage bidding. Only 35 more to upgrade...I quit every year, but it's still March, lol.

5ab94a5a84f18_sensation96cgcheritage.thumb.jpg.17146dfe7346e470f759ea9cd2d79928.jpg

Nice snag Sharon. That one just never turns up let alone as nice as that.

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Nice one, and tough! I know you don't 'like' Romance books Sharon, but Michele Nolan referred to this phase of Sensation Comics (#94-97) as Wonder Woman 'Romance like' issues :baiting:

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I assume "all the time" includes 1957!  At any rate, I really like the cover, even though I'm not much of a WW collector.

A little backstory on this copy:  A boardie asked me about it, so I pulled it out and found that it was in an old new slab -- the ones with no inner well.  And, sure enough, it suffered from the rippling those slabs cause.  :whatthe:

I notified CGC and they took it back, pressed out the ripples, and sent it back to me in about three weeks, gratis.  

2018-03-26-0002_zpson3sz8vz.JPG

Stunner Mr. T :headbang:

23 minutes ago, sagii said:

Nice one, and tough! I know you don't 'like' Romance books Sharon, but Michele Nolan referred to this phase of Sensation Comics (#94-97) as Wonder Woman 'Romance like' issues :baiting:

It's not just Michele who refers to them that way, Marston would not have let it happen, lol. 

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm happy to have the book, Corey, but the cover reminds me of Katy Keene and paper dolls;) I have nothing against Katy, but she's not a super hero;)

Yes, it does look like a Katy cover lol

The books covers are 'historical' if just for the fact like you mentioned, they turned Marstons independent, strong and heroic heroine into the complete opposite of what he intended. 

20 minutes ago, sagii said:

Yes, it does look like a Katy cover lol

The books covers are 'historical' if just for the fact like you mentioned, they turned Marstons independent, strong and heroic heroine into the complete opposite of what he intended. 

I have a raw copy, if I have time during the week, I'll photo some of the pages and  post them. I think it's pretty much chain  and bondage free;)

Edited by skypinkblu

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I have a raw copy, if I have time during the week, I'll photo some of the pages and  post them. I think it's pretty much chain  and bondage free;)

....Would like to see those at your leisure (thumbsu

9 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I was going to put a stronger bid on this but then I, too, would be subject to the CA sales tax (on top of the $20~ shipping and "handling" fee). Ugh. This issue and #94 need to appear more often.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:57 AM, scumdolly said:

I was going to put a stronger bid on this but then I, too, would be subject to the CA sales tax (on top of the $20~ shipping and "handling" fee). Ugh. This issue and #94 need to appear more often.

@scumdollyWell, thank you for not pushing me up further, you went high enough, lol. 
Were you also bidding on the Sensation 31 last night?  I've had a near "lint' copy for years, I finally upgraded a little.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:54 AM, Kevin76 said:

I don't know WW or Sensation Comics golden age, what should I be looking for? Which number range and grades are the most desirable? 

You should be bidding on all the ones I'm NOT trying to upgrade;) 

It seems whatever I'm looking for is the hardest;)  It seems to change ...I was looking for a Sensation 95 (a nicer one) for years, now all of a sudden I wound up with two, lol.

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

:makepoint: I mean...WOW you have good taste;) 

I was sitting as high bidder all week, lol. I didn't even know how the bidding at the end worked;) I just happened to be watching. 

Hey, I probably helped drive up the value of your lint copy so maybe a little thanks is in order. :) That I made this new copy cost you about double is just a minor detail.

Edited by Greenlake