• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

@scumdollyWell, thank you for not pushing me up further, you went high enough, lol. 
Were you also bidding on the Sensation 31 last night?  I've had a near "lint' copy for years, I finally upgraded a little.

Thankfully, I already have a 31 (7.0), so I didn't need to buy that.

1 hour ago, Greenlake said:

That one was me.

Lol.

19 minutes ago, scumdolly said:

Don't get me wrong, this is a gorgeous book, Very strong colors and freshness. However, that is some soft grading by CGC. Look at the upper left corner. A very soft, fuzzy corner, a color breaking spine tic, followed by color rub. In the past, that color rub alone would keep it at 9.0 .

56 minutes ago, scumdolly said:

It's beautiful, but I have a VG and my aim has been to upgrade to VG or better, so I don't think I'll be any competition.

I have to agree with Bob, I've been seeing books lately with chunks missing graded as fine, it's hard to figure out.

1 hour ago, scumdolly said:

Thankfully, I already have a 31 (7.0), so I didn't need to buy that.

I am so jealous, that is a tough, tough book. I was looking at the registry. You have wonderful books...and @G.A.tor, still has some listed he sold me about 7 0r 8 years ago, lol...

I get in the upgrade mood once in a while, but @Bomber-Bob has a point, they are just too tough. I may settle for having what I have slabbed, plus the raggedy ones;)

Any chance that Sensation 38 could be the Pennsylvania copy? I once bought a NM copy of that book in 1979 from Mr. Geppi at his Creation Con table in New York for $21.  Sold that and the rest of my then-collection a few years later to make a down payment on an RX-7.

52 minutes ago, Microbia said:

Any chance that Sensation 38 could be the Pennsylvania copy? I once bought a NM copy of that book in 1979 from Mr. Geppi at his Creation Con table in New York for $21.  Sold that and the rest of my then-collection a few years later to make a down payment on an RX-7.

Don't you want a time machine, lol? 

20 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

After I lost out on the copy with the wrong interior a few weeks back, I used my DAD coupon today to get this one. The book hardly ever comes around. Will probably crack it out.

:headbang:

I think a name change to WonderBird will soon be in order.