• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, sauroctonus said:

Didn't know a press could upgrade  

to universal with better pages

lf.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

It's a beautiful book either way, but I'm beginning to think there should be a different label for "unrestored" if they are going to have purple for restored, maybe lavender for "unrestored". 

21 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

It's a beautiful book either way, but I'm beginning to think there should be a different label for "unrestored" if they are going to have purple for restored, maybe lavender for "unrestored". 

The original post on this implied it was just a press. If so, something is wrong, something was missed. If it was 'unrestored', it's a little disconcerting to see the grade did not change. I understand the PQ got bumped, no big deal. But to remove restoration should see the grade go down. (shrug)  

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The original post on this implied it was just a press. If so, something is wrong, something was missed. If it was 'unrestored', it's a little disconcerting to see the grade did not change. I understand the PQ got bumped, no big deal. But to remove restoration should see the grade go down. (shrug)  

agreed

9 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Or possibly, someone was overzealous with the restoration check the first time and when they looked again, realized that was not the case?

4 minutes ago, D84 said:

Or possibly, someone was overzealous with the restoration check the first time and when they looked again, realized that was not the case?

It's possible, but if that's what happened, it's even more scary. Imagine submitting a book, getting a PLOD and selling it only to have the buyer get a clean bill of health on a resub. Minimally, the collecting community should have an explanation about this.