• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How NOT to package your comics to send through the mail

57 posts in this topic

My worst one was a stack of then-NM ASM issues (including a 300) that the seller simply wrapped in brown paper and mailed.

I'll take a cereal box over that any day.

i was about to relate my tale of bad packaging but it sounds almost exactly like Joe's. 50 ASM's in 9.6+ between 150 and 199 sent in a big friggn envelope. i was REALLY lucky they got through in pretty decent shape. and the dude wasn't apologetic in the least............. :frustrated:

a cereal box would have been way better....................... :)

Also got a CGC mailed in two manilla folders. Of course it was cracked all over the place and I had to get it re-holdered for the then $7.00.

CAL

What book was it?

Jack

Guess. :gossip:

Also got a CGC mailed in two manilla folders. Of course it was cracked all over the place and I had to get it re-holdered for the then $7.00.

CAL

What book was it?

I'm stumped.

Jack

So I bought a small lot of 20 comics on eBay. Nothing too valuable, but still a decent set of books in probably VF-ish condition.

I really don't know what to tell you all, but this is the box they arrived in. At least they smell slightly of strawberry.

No kidding. On either count.

I hope there was a Strawberry Shortcake #1 in the batch.

Jack

(and an Adventures of Peter Wheat)

CAL

What book was it?

I'm stumped.

Jack

Iron Man and Subby issue 1 maybe? :whistle:

I had someone ship me a real fragile case DVD set.

Once I got the package it was a large thin evelopthat looked like it went threw hell.

There was even a huge hole ripped out of the top where the set could just fall out.

No padding, no shipping materials, no receipt nothing...

The one thing that's totally unbelievable was the DVD set was in mint condition...

that baffles me to this day...

:P

CAL

What book was it?

I'm stumped.

Jack

Iron Man and Subby issue 1 maybe? :whistle:

Nah. He's already got one of those.

Jack

The worst I got was from the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons at collectible planet, about 40 issues stuffed in a plastic grocery bag. No cardboard then they wrapped brown paper around them and away we go in the mail. At least they put delivery confirmation on it.

The worst I got was from the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons at collectible planet, about 40 issues stuffed in a plastic grocery bag. No cardboard then they wrapped brown paper around them and away we go in the mail. At least they put delivery confirmation on it.

Isn't Collectible Planet the seller who charges $19.99 for shipping (on Ebay) for 20 books ? I tried reporting that as an overcharge through Ebay several times, but they said that they had no idea how much it costs to mail comics...:(

I THINK the worst I've had was someone cut a priority box in two, stuck the comics in the middle (with nothing around them, just raw, no bags) and then they taped the two sides of the box back together, but so badly, some of the comics stuck to the tape after they slide around inside...that and plain manila envelopes with no backing boards and nothing on the books..where the comic comes ripped with the envelope.

Now PACKING material, that's something else...I once got a diaper...hopefully unused, I was afraid to really examine it... :o

Man, I do NOT know what some people are thinking once they take our money. Sheesh.

You should see how I received close to 1,000 comics in the mail - all loose in a single recycled cardboard box. The 'box' looked like a beanbag by the time I received it. Needless to say, about 200 were damaged.