• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Bullets #41 Color Guide

6 posts in this topic

Some of you know that I'm a big fan of the series, 100 Bullets. A few years back, I purchased the complete color guide to issue #41. I finally got a scanner, so here are a few scans of the guides....In person, the colors are so bright and vibrant. Much different than the printed pamphlet pages. I love teh "effect notes" in the sidebars for the printers.

Bullets41Pg1.jpg

Bullets41Pg2.jpg

Bullets41pg3.jpg

Bullets41Pg9.jpg

Bullets41Pg10.jpg

Very neat!

Makes me rethink passing on the Preacher color guides when the were on eBay.

How big are those? They look the same size as the books.

Mike

They are done on 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper. It's some sort of art paper that absorbs/holds watercolor.

I got into a pretty fierce bidding war and ended up overpaying (based on what I've seen color guides go for), but I love them.

I bought them from Trish Mulvihill (the colorist). Tried to get her to end the auction early, telling her I was going to win anyway.

I saw Trish Mulvihill at Emerald City Comic Con in 2006. She had a stack of color guides, I was interested in the ones for Y: THE LAST MAN. They looked nice and I thought they'd be something cool to have from a series I enjoyed a lot. I asked her, "How much?"

"$40"

"An issue?"

"No, per page."

I didn't get any that day. Hope you got a better deal!

I saw Trish Mulvihill at Emerald City Comic Con in 2006. She had a stack of color guides, I was interested in the ones for Y: THE LAST MAN. They looked nice and I thought they'd be something cool to have from a series I enjoyed a lot. I asked her, "How much?"

"$40"

"An issue?"

"No, per page."

I didn't get any that day. Hope you got a better deal!

:o Holy ! $40/page???? Yeah, I did much better than that. I bought the entire issue (22 pages). No way would I have ever dropped $800 on the issue.