• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,502 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2017 at 9:34 AM, adampasz said:

Nice. Silver GLs are probably a good long-term investment, especially if DC ever gets its act together with the movies. (But that is a big IF...)

I just like owning them. 'Nuff said.

:smile:

Always nice when something stays within the bounds of reason pricewise. But then again Showcase 22 was never one of those comics collectors could find offered by dealers in VF or better condition before around 2000 and the advent of CGC.

And it's still pretty hard to pry copies of Showcase 22 in 8.5 or better condition out of the hands of collectors at less than stratospheric prices.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

On 12/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

I mean it is very cheap compared to SC4. It makes no sens.

Actually it makes quite a bit of sense for two very compelling reasons:

A) Whether rightly or wrongly, many/most comic collectors date the start of the Silver Age from the day Showcase 4 hit the stands. The Overstreet Price Guide is among those that does so. This exponentially increases demand for Showcase 4.

B) DC comics from 1959 are at least three times easier to find than are DC comics from 1956.

2c

Edited by Hepcat

On 1/2/2021 at 5:42 PM, NoFunComics said:

Although I still haven't learned how to take photos of my slabs I thought I would share my newest addition to my gl run. Next on the list is to upgrade my 8.5 of GL #7 to a 9.0 

20210102_173905.jpg

When you upgrade this one, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands.

On 1/2/2021 at 5:42 PM, NoFunComics said:

Although I still haven't learned how to take photos of my slabs I thought I would share my newest addition to my gl run. Next on the list is to upgrade my 8.5 of GL #7 to a 9.0 

20210102_173905.jpg

Nicer than mine anyway:

GreenLantern16.jpg

:)

Edited by Hepcat

Does anyone on this chat happen to own a GL #9 in cgc 9.2?  NEED me one is all.  Would be willing to pay big $$s or swap for GL #6 in cgc 9.4.  Crazy, I know, but I have the bug and need to fill a hole.  Please reply if you can help.  Best, Mike.