• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Superman" Silver Age Census

41 posts in this topic

and Tim has a point... when I drool over a book I keep seeing on a site, the longer it sits there makes me less likely to pull the trigger. Why should I? No one else has either... But perhaps, if I suddenly saw your 9.2 (for example) in an auction, I might get more of an urgent need to lock up the 3rd bext copy while I had the chance.

I think thats what Tim is saying.

Honestly, I don't really get the logic you guys are applying to this type of circumstance but clearly it is your opinion so my opinion of that opinion really doesn't matter. (:

It's simple Mark. If I have a limited amount of dollars, and there's a bunch of stuff out there that I want to buy that is worth more than my limited amount of dollars, then I need to prioritize how I spend my dollars. If I know a certain book is going to be sold in a no reserve auction next week, then I might decide to apply my limited dollars towards that book, because if I don't win it I might never see it again. On the other hand, if I know your book has been listed for several years and hasn't sold, I will defer buying it and use the money to buy something with a limited shelf-life, such as the no reserve auction book.

Of course this represents a calculated gamble that it will still be there later if I want it. Sometimes the gamble pays off and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyways, I will stop talking about your book because I don't want to make it sound like I'm picking on your book or you. It just happened to be the example AS raised and I felt compelled to explain why I didn't think it was a good example.