• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greggy's sweet (mostly) DC eBay auctions

123 posts in this topic

You've probably covered this before but I've gotta ask; any particular reason you don't opt to sell books on the forum more often?

I tend to get better prices on eBay plus I'm not subjected to low ball offers or pressure to sell it cheaper to a forum member.

Certain books such as some 100 pagers do go to some forum members directly when I do upgrade.

It's very rare that a forum member wins one of my auctions anyways so sometimes I feel that I'm leaving $$ on the table if I sell it here. Plus, too many people are GPA dependent on what they want to pay. I would prefer to set a new GPA standard rather than following past results.

Also, I'll rather take the chance on eBay and it has generally served me well.

What does Brent selling ONE book to a forum member have to do with how much others will pay for books? If nerfherder didn't buy the book, do you think that it would have been such a fast sale? He found the right buyer at the right time.

You ever try selling on the boards? Other than a recent sale of my X-men 101 CGC 9.8 to Doctor Watson, it is rarely an easy sale with nice higher dollar CGC books. Try selling anything above the last GPA price and you'll have people quoting the last price and saying that you've overpriced it. I didn't know that I had to base my prices on what someone else sold it for in the past; some years before.

Look at the trouble nik had the last time he tried to sell CGC books on the boards. He sold a lot of the books he didn't sell on the boards on eBay for similar or better prices than his asking prices on the boards.

Even though this is a CGC boards, the books that sell the fastest are raw books that are sold below guide. Flaming_Telegraph is pretty well the only person who tends to be able to get guide or above for his raw books on a consistent basis.

And yes, people are always looking for a deal on the boards.

I tend to get better prices on eBay plus I'm not subjected to low ball offers or pressure to sell it cheaper to a forum member.

Certain books such as some 100 pagers do go to some forum members directly when I do upgrade.

It's very rare that a forum member wins one of my auctions anyways so sometimes I feel that I'm leaving $$ on the table if I sell it here. Plus, too many people are GPA dependent on what they want to pay. I would prefer to set a new GPA standard rather than following past results.

(worship)

You ever try selling on the boards? Other than a recent sale of my X-men 101 CGC 9.8 to Doctor Watson, it is rarely an easy sale with nice higher dollar CGC books. Try selling anything above the last GPA price and you'll have people quoting the last price and saying that you've overpriced it. I didn't know that I had to base my prices on what someone else sold it for in the past; some years before.

Look at the trouble nik had the last time he tried to sell CGC books on the boards. He sold a lot of the books he didn't sell on the boards on eBay for similar or better prices than his asking prices on the boards.

Even though this is a CGC boards, the books that sell the fastest are raw books that are sold below guide.

(worship) I sometimes think board members must think they have to wear a badge of shame if they ever pay higher than GPA average.

Flaming_Telegraph is pretty well the only person who tends to be able to get guide or above for his raw books on a consistent basis.

Isn't that because he has a reputation for undergrading, so in fact people are paying guide for what they think the book really will get.

Isn't that because he has a reputation for undergrading, so in fact people are paying guide for what they think the book really will get.
Actually, I think it's his charming personality. :o

Actually, I think it's his charming personality. :o
Oh, the GS X-men 2 was bought as a 9.2 from him. :banana:

Geez. I just was just kidding. I was assuming it was pretty much common knowledge at this point the way the boards are in terms of sales. Way to get your panties in a bind. Guess I should have inserted one of those graemlins after my post. By the way, Nice books.
Who has anything in a bunch. You asked a question and I gave an answer.

I'll give ya a dollar for it. :whistle:

You mean how much Vanek is really worth?

What does Brent selling ONE book to a forum member have to do with how much others will pay for books? If nerfherder didn't buy the book, do you think that it would have been such a fast sale? He found the right buyer at the right time.

Even though this is a CGC boards, the books that sell the fastest are raw books that are sold below guide. Flaming_Telegraph is pretty well the only person who tends to be able to get guide or above for his raw books on a consistent basis.

Who hijacked greggys account :P

AMEN

Also, I'll rather take the chance on eBay and it has generally served me well.

this response should be stickied at the top of forum selling

Other than a recent sale of my X-men 101 CGC 9.8 to Doctor Watson, it is rarely an easy sale with nice higher dollar CGC books.

:acclaim:

I agree, and it's definitely EBay for CGC and Raw for the CGC Forums.

That way you get the best prices both ways, and use the positives of each market for your own benefit.