• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper no more..............

Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?

317 posts in this topic

Wheres the crack option for slabbing dollar books? In all seriousness, you had the best copper run ever slabbed. SA x-men are some of the worst stories and except for steranko and adams covers ever done. just my opinion.

The answer to this question lies within, grasshopper. If you're cool with the decision, that's all that matters.

I think it was a good move IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE FINANCIAL MEANS TO START THE PURSUIT. At least if that was me in your shoes. Otherwise, I probably would've tried to keep the whole run intact. One thing I've realized is that over time and these books take up more space (sorry slabs) you tend to want to consolidate...have fewer books of better quality/histoical significance. Most are connected to the later X-men (not the former) but I think the former provides better historical/collector value long term. IMHO.

As Sterling said totally your call regardless of what others may say.

Bottom line is, in a short period I am confident with some hunting and searching you could come up with another Raw run of the books you sold for a hell of lot less then what you sold them for. I highly doubt the same could be said of what you are currently searching for.

Depends on how you are looking at it Danny, from a valuation standpoint, there's no question it's the wise move to go to HG Silver. But if you collected for nostalgia, SA will not hold the same attachment as you won't derive the same joy out of reading the stories since you don't remember them from childhood.

I like SA X-men though, you will find, are common as well -- even in HG -- so long as you have the money to do it. 9.6 might be tough, but if you go to 9.2, it shouldn't be that hard.

Seemed like an awful lot of work to jettison so quickly... especially since you liked the books so much. (shrug) The Copper run, while not super rare or expensive, was your badge and you wore it proudly.

Now, you're just another guy with label fever running after super expensive books that would otherwise be un-notable but for the label number.

(BTW, I would not have said anything about your personal choice, but you DID ask for opinions.)

:foryou: