• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite seller condition dodges
1 1

22 posts in this topic

I love it when a seller gives you all the information, but spins it in such a way as to make it seem better. Heck, we all do what we can to make the books desirable, and as long as all the info is there, what's the harm? Here's one I found today that I liked:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=723975011

My favorite part (other than the title where he gives book value in NM) "The grade of this book (sans water stain) is FN (6.0)!" Wonder what the grade would be without any of the flaws? Why stop at one? And just to confuse things, use a little French in case some people think 'sans' means 'with'.

-- Joanna

Rich Conley knows a heckuva lot about comics, but his lackeys are woefully ignorant when it comes to back issues. His Heroes and Fantasies chain is one of many 'collectible convenience stores' where they hope you trip on something brightly colored and buy it.

One bright spot about dealing with Rich is he will buy darn near any pre-1970 comic with fish on the cover, and any Fawcett book with dogs on the cover...

rick, you're in luck! That auction has ended, but the reason I was looking was because I have one to sell! Now you can have that cornerstone you've been craving since time immemorable. Mystery in Space 87 can be yours right now! Act fast because everyone's going to want it!

-- Joanna

oops, my bad, Rick. Guess someone else is going to get a chance at the MiS 87. I don't have any Gay comics (Darth, be still) to help you out there, Rick. I do have some Roberta Gregory blush.gif Naughty Bits blush.gif comics, though. Would that ease your pain? grin.gif

-- Joanna

See personally I collect cat-fight covers from pre-code romance books, horror books with monkeys on the cover, and any flyfishing covers. I used to collect Hitler covers but I had so many customers for them I let loose with my own books and stuck to collecting things few other people wanted.

I think Greggy has an undeserved reputation and will assume that he really just collects comics with nuns on the cover.

John sent me a Halloween card yesterday, but otherwise we haven't chatted lately. Did you have something you wanted me to ask him?

-- Joanna

On 10/28/2002 at 2:58 PM, Joanna said:

I love it when a seller gives you all the information, but spins it in such a way as to make it seem better. Heck, we all do what we can to make the books desirable, and as long as all the info is there, what's the harm? Here's one I found today that I liked:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=723975011

My favorite part (other than the title where he gives book value in NM) "The grade of this book (sans water stain) is FN (6.0)!" Wonder what the grade would be without any of the flaws? Why stop at one? And just to confuse things, use a little French in case some people think 'sans' means 'with'.

-- Joanna

It's worse when someone wants to buy a book off you

"Your book is garbage, nobody wants it, you might as well throw it out...the best I can offer you is 10k"

Edited by Hollywood1892