• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING SPIDEY 1 9.6

115 posts in this topic

Was just browsing thru the Heritage December auctions when i came across the ultimate Spidey run - it looks like 1 to over 100 in 9.6!!! Unbelievable. I think the 9.4 went for $70,000 - will this be the first $100,000 silver age book? I have not heard of another silver age book selling for $100k but I am sure I will be corrected if I missed it! Obviously a big time collection - odd time to sell it I think - in between movies. Wonder if someone is cashing out or cashing in! I also think another odd move by HeritaGE to sell the entire run at once - wonder where all the big money will come from? Surely will be interesting to watch though.

Yeah - probably had too much of that and deke and the worries of CGC staff preferences and thought the books were undergraded. Obviously from the collection of a true big time player. Maybe stock losses are finally starting to take a toll! Seems like someone who would want optimum price would hold out for a awhile until the next movie.

Was it a for sure sale - or partial trade as you talked about with other big books? Don't you think that run would estimate somewhere near $1 million in value? I think it is pretty much Spidey 1 to 100+ in 9.6 or better! Has to be the best Spidey collection on Earth. If the AF went for over $100 and the FF1 did too, this is still in a very elite class.