• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darn that ebay!

13 posts in this topic

I just noticed that all my auctions are ending an hour earlier than I'd intented. I guess ebay didn't like the fact that we were gaining an hour of free auctioning, so they shorted the end time. I'm not happy because now all my auctions are ending at bad times (like before people get out of work in California). grrr. I didn't realize they were going to do this. Wrecked a week's worth of auctions, too!

-- Joanna

So Joanna.... what exactly isAn interdimsional TV Producer ? blush.gif

Seriously though, it's a nice copy of Flash 132.

I might have to bid on your Tawny Kitaen card... flashbacks of that darn Whitesnake video...

So Joanna.... what exactly isAn interdimsional TV Producer ?

Here's the intro in the comic:

"On Gobdor, world 86 of existence level 24 of the cosmos -- a popular form of indoor entertainment is to tele-watch the activities on a neighoring dimensional world, a fad initiated by a company known as Tel-vis..."

The show is "Thrills of Earth", but the producer is upset because nothing has been going wrong on Earth lately.

And because he produces a TV show about Earth, on a planet in another dimension, I figured his job title might be Interdimensional TV Producer. Just another day in the world of The Flash!

It is a nice book, too. One of the better quality books in my collection (which has tons of reader stuff with the occasional gem). I was never a NM kinda gal. I liked buying lots of stuff, instead of just a few. More to read!

-- Joanna

lol... I knew what an 'interdimensional' producer was... I was curious about the 'interdimsional' you had listed on the auction... blush.gif

But since you took so much time in preparing your reply I feel obligated to throw a bid on the book now.... I'll wait for you to revise the listing if you'd like to correct the typo first...

I get stuck buying more comics that way than anyone....

Well with all the tough talk around here on these boards, i think you should just sue ebay! That would teach them. But I know what you mean - I used to pick what I thought were prime times to sell and i remember once ebay was down for about 6 hours so none of the books in that time period were able to be bid on and ebay did nothing like cancelling the auctions and relisting them. Seller emptor - I have 3 years of latin but do not know the word for seller!

D'oh! Okay, I changed the typo (sheesh! Didn't see it twice -- once in the auction and then in your note).

I also changed the description and price because I saw a fold on the back I didn't see before. Bargains galore.

however, please do NOT feel you have to bid. Not unless you really want the book. It was no trouble to type that stuff because it gave me a chance to look at the comic again and I just adore reading silver age stuff like that explanation of the interdimensional (ha!) TV show.

-- Joanna

No it's no problem... I was happy to place a shill bid... oops... no I meant a... uh... placeholder bid... to watch the auction like greggy does... yeah... placeholder bid...

And I know what you mean about some of these Silver Age books... sometimes my 'page-count' check takes 20 minutes cuz I get caught up in a cheesy story...

I can't help it, I adore silver age DC stories. They're so wonderfully improbable, and everything makes sense to the characters (why question a TV producer showing natural disasters on Earth? Sounds like a hit! And if you run out, go make trouble so that something bad happens and ratings go up). They're so imaginative and fun. I'm terrible when I prep an auction because I want to read everything I look at.

Thanks for the bid! That book has nice, white pages, so it's fun to read.

-- Joanna

See - it has been a long time! I guess that translation of The Iliad 18 years ago did not take. Anyway, seller beware, buyer beware - trite saying that applies here " fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." When i have run in to some of those "buyer/seller" situations, I just stop bidding - most of the time it is very obvious.