• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell Me About My 4 Foot Marvel Universe Poster from 1992
1 1

34 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2020 at 7:44 PM, natey123 said:

I actually got mine framed.  LMK if you want to see a picture.  It hangs proudly in the living room.

@natey123 framed? That behemoth? Yes, absolutely, I gotta see that!

Mine has pin holes, but is in decent shape. Framing would seem prohibitively expensive. Would love to see what you've done!

9 hours ago, natey123 said:

Here are pictures of the poster framed. The poster was in like new condition. It's matted with an beautiful red cloth and solid black frame.  Enjoy!

IMG_8585.thumb.jpeg.b40126030a0da1641df9051810c5cf43.jpeg

IMG_8584.thumb.jpeg.d331fe0b0e784b02e3d3155f587d5638.jpeg

:golfclap: Outstanding!

Edited by F For Fake
i can't spell a single word, apparently

Is it just me or is Kazar disproportionately represented on this poster? I get Daredevil, Luke Cage, Captain America, Spider-Man and Electra even, but while Kazar did have a series around the time of this first print, he sure is taking up a lot of real estate!

On 2/25/2020 at 4:15 PM, Conacon said:

Is it just me or is Kazar disproportionately represented on this poster? I get Daredevil, Luke Cage, Captain America, Spider-Man and Electra even, but while Kazar did have a series around the time of this first print, he sure is taking up a lot of real estate!

Each prominent character shown in the poster represented a letter for that particular edition of the Marvel Universe guides i.e. A=Angel,B-C=Cap, C-D=Daredevil, etc. The K-M Edition was Ka-Zar. Not many big characters that had names starting with K-L and beginning of M, I guess. Today he would probably be replaced by Loki.

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 2/26/2020 at 2:46 AM, waaaghboss said:

Was hoping to see this poster, but that one is nice as well :)

123.jpg

I had this one as well. I believe it came with a comic collecting kit from Sears or JC Penney, along with a box, some comics, etc?

This poster has been on my list for a very long time. 

It was too expensive for me back in the day. 

I fondly remember my LCS having a challenge with the poster.  Whomever could name the most characters won the poster.  In the days before the internet, it was a bit tougher. 

I'll get it one day.   

Kind of like the X-tinction Agenda Wanted poster.  Or the Mobius Marvel posters.  

Patrick

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

This poster has been on my list for a very long time. 

It was too expensive for me back in the day. 

I fondly remember my LCS having a challenge with the poster.  Whomever could name the most characters won the poster.  In the days before the internet, it was a bit tougher. 

I'll get it one day.   

Kind of like the X-tinction Agenda Wanted poster.  Or the Mobius Marvel posters.  

Patrick

I used to be able to name them all, probably couldn't do that anymore. It helps that they're arranged roughly alphabetically.

Here's a trivia question that most of you probably know: who is the smallest character on the poster?

Spoiler

Hate Monger! He's teeny tiny, and just about center of the poster.

I just pulled my copy of this poster out of the closet. It's been rolled up for a while and has some damage around the edges, but I'm hoping to get it flattened out and hang it up!

IMG_1334.jpg

A quick story... 

I was able to score one of these from my LCS as a kid and had it hanging in my room. I absolutely loved it (what comic loving kid wouldn't?)! Then in 1991 a tornado hit my little Kansas town and wiped out our whole neighborhood, including my house and this poster. I've looked for it for years, but haven't had any luck. I had someone once who wanted to sell it for $500, which I couldn't afford back then. Anyway, if you've got this - hold on to it! If you can frame it, I'd do that in a heartbeat - the pictures of the framed one in this thread look amazing!  But if you do have one and you want to get rid of it, please reach out to me!