• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell Me About My 4 Foot Marvel Universe Poster from 1992
1 1

34 posts in this topic

okay, after six years, i finally took a look at this marvel universe poster i picked up in a collection. i remember seeing it in a few shops in the early nineties. it's about 4 ft X 4 ft. this one has never been displayed. does anyone know what they retailed for or if any have sold lately? i couldn't find any info. thanks.

44945-MUposter2.jpg.0c962970c2ae69c22d56741f60d775af.jpg

44946-MUposter.jpg.a2b33f1c686a1a65c53e7e682f371807.jpg

Hey Mike. Not an expert on it but here is what I know. I picked up a copy that was released in 1987 with a retail price of $14.95. It was re-released the next year (1988) at $17.95. I didn't realize it was issued again in 1992. It was later reprinted in a smaller size. I've seen copies of the 1988 version sell in the $50 to $75 range on ebay (occasionaly higher). Never seen the 1987 version up for sale. Sells for more if it's in it's original tube.

Mark

Neat-o poster -- can you name all the attendees; how many are there? :o

I see Kree Supreme Intelligence... now there's an odd appearance! lol

... I smell a contest. :makepoint:

this had everybody at that time. a good contest would be adding all the new characters. :cry:

thanks for the ebay update!

THREAD, RISE FROM THE GRAVE!

Resurrecting this one as I just rescued my copy of this poster from my folks' lake house, where it has been hanging for about 20 years. It has some slight condition issues around the edges, some pinholes, etc, but still displays nicely. Anyway, I'm bumping the thread to see if anyone has every actually FRAMED one of these, or has any display recommendations? I suppose I could just pin it back up to the wall, but I'd like to treat it a little better this go around than I did previously.