• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay seller: Greatamericancollector

39 posts in this topic

I have been around for a while, and rarely have problems with eBay sellers, as I do my homework thoroughly.......but I must have missed something on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300150755508&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=020

I made payment by PayPal within 12 hours of the auction ending, and after 7 days I received my 1st of 2 emails....this one states that he is very sorry, and just realized my item had not been shipped yet, and that it will go out the the next day.....which it didn't / it was sent 2 days after that ( so I'm told...I have not received it yet...this was yesterday ). I can deal with a delay in shipping...but just want the truth. At this point, my antenna is way up for having a problem.

email #2 -- I received last night...went something like this "oh Alex just realized that this book is a VG, not a FINE, so he is going to send you a $200 refund to make up for the condition difference"

Needless to say this book will be returned the second I receive it, and if i don't get an immediate, full refund thru PayPal by this seller, a claim will be filed to force a refund, and a complaint will be filed with eBay,...not that they care or ever do anything to protect buyers.

PS...I hope he is a member of the Boards, so he could dare refute anything I am claiming here. Watch out guys

Steve

Looks like a Fine in the scan but I suspect you're going to get some restoration on that book.

:censored:

Just a heads up. DON'T file a claim with paypal saying the book was over graded as you will get nothing but a fat charge for initiating the claim. If he refuses to accept a return then PM me.

I know someone who got a full paypal reimbursement because the book he bought was restored and the seller fought paypal all the way, saying the book was not restored.

Seller got his account frozen and buyer got his money back (partially)

can i get his autograph??

Just a heads up. DON'T file a claim with paypal saying the book was over graded as you will get nothing but a fat charge for initiating the claim. If he refuses to accept a return then PM me.

I know someone who got a full paypal reimbursement because the book he bought was restored and the seller fought paypal all the way, saying the book was not restored.

He's going to do a book tour...I see if he comes to your neck of the woods any time soon :whistle:

I did this too. I was sold a restored book, filed a claim, and won. Unfortunately I only got a partial refund, although Paypal says they are still pursuing it, since they're out the money they repaid to me ($200).

They didn't even ask to see the book, or even a scan of it. The seller had sent some incredibly childish emails to me, which I showed them, and I guess that settled it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is stinking more and more.

Someone emailed me privately about this auction with some valid observations.

The most striking is:

* The back cover does not appear to match up to the book's front cover scan. The back cover scan shows a book that has its back cover shifted downward relative to the interior pages, with the bottom of the back cover well overhanging the interior pages and front cover. On the front cover scan, the bottom of the cover should be visible but isn't.

NOTE the different backgrounds for the front and back cover images. hm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is stinking more and more.

Someone emailed me privately about this auction with some valid observations.

The most striking is:

* The back cover does not appear to match up to the book's front cover scan. The back cover scan shows a book that has its back cover shifted downward relative to the interior pages, with the bottom of the back cover well overhanging the interior pages and front cover. On the front cover scan, the bottom of the cover should be visible but isn't.

NOTE the different backgrounds for the front and back cover images. hm

Hmm....that is a bit troubling, but we'll know when he gets the book, assuming he does.

The book has a spine roll on both the front and back scan, although it looks more severe on the back.

The bottom cover overhangs the pages more than it does the front cover, if you look closely, so maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't be able to see it from the front. (shrug)

Good observations, Steve (unfortunately).... :(

Unless the seller just used the wrong back cover image in the auction. It does happen. (shrug) Not inclined to give him too much benefit of the doubt, but he has sold a bunch of other books in the same auction format, and feedbacks were OK.

Good luck Showcase. :wishluck:

Thanks Point.......

Suprisingly, the seller sent me a full refund thru PayPal last night , and I haven't even received the book yet to return to him. So this transaction will have a happy ending (although I would have rather had an unrestored Fine B&B28 then a refund) --- could have been a long, drawn-out, ugly situation, and was looking that way for a few days.

Thanks for all your well wishes guys (thumbs u

Steve

Thanks Point.......

Suprisingly, the seller sent me a full refund thru PayPal last night , and I haven't even received the book yet to return to him. So this transaction will have a happy ending (although I would have rather had an unrestored Fine B&B28 then a refund) --- could have been a long, drawn-out, ugly situation, and was looking that way for a few days.

Steve

:applause:

Thanks Point.......

Steve

Awesome, great to hear. :applause:

Maybe you should change the name of the thread now. Accidents and mistakes happen. It appears the seller went well out of his way to fix his mistake. You have his book and your refund.Seems like he's a pretty honest type of guy to me.

Thanks Point.......

Steve

Glad it went smoothly and you got a full refund!

I wonder if he ever really even sent the book. Did he send you an email, or just a refund? Maybe he noticed it was restored and just didn't send it.

Thanks Point.......

Steve

Glad it went smoothly and you got a full refund!

I wonder if he ever really even sent the book. Did he send you an email, or just a refund? Maybe he noticed it was restored and just didn't send it.

Or maybe he saw this thread and got scared of a potential lynch mob. :grin:

:news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news:

The seller sent me thru PayPal a refund by an e-check...and it was confirmed today that the check did not clear....back to having a problem with this guy, and my warnings for you guys to be careful were unfortunately correct :(

Time for me to turn up the heat, as I have had to do several times in the past with eBay thiefs....I mean sellers :mad:

:news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news:

The seller sent me thru PayPal a refund by an e-check...and it was confirmed today that the check did not clear....back to having a problem with this guy, and my warnings for you guys to be careful were unfortunately correct :(

Time for me to turn up the heat, as I have had to do several times in the past with eBay thiefs....I mean sellers :mad:

That reminds me.... how's your suit against Kent Meredith going?

:popcorn: Been there, got the T-Shirt!

That's why I don't even fool with eBay anymore. I have gotten ripped off on almost half of the books I have bought off of the site. I guess I just have bad luck in choosing sellers.

BTW, I have had NO problems when buying from the Boards. You guys are top-notch!