• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEIL!!!!! PGM Hansi the girl who loved the Swastika!!

36 posts in this topic

Spire Christian Comics, hmm and they did Archie too! My Brother had many original Archies. He still does. I'm new to the group and fascinated by this issue. I could do the research myself but maybe go out on a limb here and ask what year this came out and how many issues in the run? I would love to grab some copies on ebay and read them. As for the scanning and grade those scanners really bring things to light don't they. The cover is brilliant maybe 7.4 and 'qualified' based on the two back cover stains at 7.0 overall.

Spire Christian Comics, hmm and they did Archie too! My Brother had many original Archies. He still does. I'm new to the group and fascinated by this issue. I could do the research myself but maybe go out on a limb here and ask what year this came out and how many issues in the run? I would love to grab some copies on ebay and read them. As for the scanning and grade those scanners really bring things to light don't they. The cover is brilliant maybe 7.4 and 'qualified' based on the two back cover stains at 7.0 overall.

Welcome to the Boards :applause:

Welcome to the Boards :applause:

Yes...welcome...

The first edition was 1973 with a 39 cent cover. 2nd edition 1976 with a 49 cent cover. ONE-SHOT only.

Spire Cristian did a few as evident on the Back cover scan. Fun to collect and certain issues are really tuff. For instance this issue ,the Johnny Cash edition and the Tom Landry Dallas Cowboy issue. Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

I'm pretty sure I had all of these at one time or another as a kid. Maybe being Southern Baptist at the time increased my chances of running into these back then?

Stain kills the grade, 7.0.

Makes me consider getting a set of these together.

The first edition was 1973 with a 39 cent cover. 2nd edition 1976 with a 49 cent cover. ONE-SHOT only.

Spire Cristian did a few as evident on the Back cover scan. Fun to collect and certain issues are really tuff. For instance this issue ,the Johnny Cash edition and the Tom Landry Dallas Cowboy issue. Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

Just doing some research and came across this old post and wanted to add something to it. I believe the 1973 copyright is for the original material (book) and the 1976 is for the first edition of the comic book with 39 cent cover. Don't know when the 49 cent cover came out though, but I think the Overstreet is in error...