• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pure Imagination Publishing

10 posts in this topic

Listers,

Not sure how many of you know me, or about my company, but Pure Imagination has been reprinting Golden Age Comics for the past thirty-seven years. I just entered into the "10,000 pages retouched" club.

I know you like Golden Age stuff, and I've got some for free at my Yahoo group. Check the files link.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pureimaginationpublishing/

And my homesite at

http://www.pureimagination.info/

which is still under construction.

Lots of stuff we all like.

Regards,

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination Publishing

P.S. We've got a sale on 'til the end of the month, but I'm not sure that I can announce that on this list. :0)

I can vouch for how excellent Greg's work is. I have a few of the Kirby volumes and they are terrific. In fact, I think I'd like to puchase the rest of them... hm

You and me both. Are only the books with prices available for sale?

So is the the complete Jack Kirby V.5 out? - It's been a looooong wait.

And Greg - thanks for skipping ahead to his post-war stuff - I realize it may have been a necessity as far as rights were concerned - but I thind the later S&K stuff is superior to the Timely/DC material (not that it isn't good too - when the heck is DC going to start putting out Archives of S & K Sandman and Newsboy Legion? - you can't tell me there is a bigger market for the likes of Dr. Fate)

when the heck is DC going to start putting out Archives of S & K Sandman and Newsboy Legion? - you can't tell me there is a bigger market for the likes of Dr. Fate)

I've been wondering this myself. Virtually the entire GA DC S&K related catalog is unArchived, I believe -- Sandman, Manhunter, Boy Commandos (series plus World's Finest run and Detective run), and Newsboy Legion.

I was a little worried recently to read the rumor that there may be no archives in 2008. DC has done such a tremendous job with the archives over the years (and more recently, Marvel has been getting into GA reprints as well), I'd hate to see that not continue. I hope it's economically viable for them to continue to get this material out there in some form.

So is the the complete Jack Kirby V.5 out? - It's been a looooong wait.

Yes, it is available. I checked with Greg last night. I just ordered it along with Vol. 3. I'm very excited the read through these. This was a very good period for Kirby, not that there are many bad ones!