• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect.com progress update: All-American #16 sells for...

10 posts in this topic

ComicConnect progress update:

We are proud to announce a very high profile sale on ComicConnect! After a few rounds of offers and counter offers the buyer and seller were able to do a deal on the 1st Appearance of the Golden Age Green Lantern- FOR FREE!

No commission, seller's or buyer's premium (0% on both counts).

All-American #16 VG+ sells for $29,250.00 on ComicConnect

We are always looking for ways to improve the site. After you have taken a look please let us know your thoughts and comments. Tell us what you would like to see more of and any other suggestions you have for the site?

ComicConnect is easy to use and profitable. Do you have anything you'd like to list?

ALL4.479a.jpg

Thanks for reading and for your continued support.

We are always looking for ways to improve the site. After you have taken a look please let us know your thoughts and comments. Tell us what you would like to see more of and any other suggestions you have for the site?

Haven't visited your site since this past June, after which we had this exchange IRT the the western genre seach;

70 percent [12 books] within the genre have no scans, 11 percent [2 books] listed incorrectly/wrong genre.

My question to ComicConnect; Is this going to be the norm?

As a buyer, I'm excited to see another venue. Hope it shapes up.

Good Luck.

I do send emails requesting missing scans in an attempt to keep ComicConnect as complete as possible.

Books that are listed incorrectly are usually found through our approval process, but due to human-error, some may slip by from time-to-time. In those instances, we rely on our courteous members to point them out to me.

It doesn't appear much has changed; 28 books listed, 9 books with no scans, 8 books mis-listed under wrong genre.

To explain why I don't visit the site: if there's so many books mis-listed within the western genre, I assume westerns are mis-listed as well. The searching therefore becomes tedious, it's just more trouble than what it's worth.

Since January 2007, you are one of three very prominent sites that I have provided feedback to. To this date, none have made changes to mis-listing or incorrect identification of books. Missing scans seem to be a non-issue. From this, I would say the common posture is one that disregards the buyer.

Admittedly, I have not contacted your site directly however, when inputs are solicited I've given mine.

Good luck with your site.

Hey aardvark88, thanks for the kind words. To give credit where credit is due, Jason has also been largely responsible for adding new titles to the database.

To the Silver Surfer - Hulk #1 in any grade is a great book. That's a tougher book for collectors to get, in my opinion. Much less common than other SA Marvels, so if you've got it priced right, you should do pretty well.

TakinShotsToQuit - thank you for your feedback as well. Although it may not have been immediately evident, we actually have implemented stricter scan requirements for new listings. As you noted yourself, only 9 of 28 Westerns are now missing scans -- probably older listings and more like 32%, not 70%.

I know some Titles show up in more than one genre, such as the Four Color Series that spanned several different genres. Usually, the err is on the side of caution. For example, Four Color 873 with Grandma Duck may appear in a Western results search because Four Color spanned the genres, but it will also show up under the Disney genre search.

I've listed over 100 bronze age books...granted I collect niche (horror) and the value of the books isn't what most consignors would call an attraction...but I was able to sell 4 or 5 books and I can say that the process of sending the book and receiving payment was flawless. I would like some more detail on the check detailing any credits to the amount b/c of credit card usage would be my only feedback...

I've provided technical feedback to the site already and think I've been heard.

Sterling