• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanner Help

41 posts in this topic

the inch of physical screen real estate that you're talking about has absolutely, positively, nothing to do with the matter at hand.

I thought what was being discussed was that monitors could not display more than 72 dots per inch. The inch of screen real estate is an inch of screen/monitor. It is obviously displaying more than 72 dpi.

Phil

but 72 dpi doesn't refer to your monitors physical size. In fact, it doesn't refer to your monitor at all. It's print resolution.

All monitors, regardless of their physical size or display size, display images at that same print resolution. It's a fixed standard.

Yup, I'm a little thickheaded, but can learn new tricks eventually. wink.gif Thankfully you guys have loads of patience! wink.gifgrin.gif

The pic is now 'inline' as Phil kindly showed me how to do in the Testing, 1...2...3... boards. Pretty cool!

Mud buddha is basically on the right track here. Any video screen totally ignores DPI information of a scan. It is best that you scan an image in whatever DPI, or default that you like.

There is a "myth" that 72 DPI is the correct way to scan. It reality it doesnt matter unless if your end product is for print. No one is limited to 72 DPI on their monitor for displaying purposes. It will all show up.

Pixels do not always translate into inches. Your monitor setting is most important in how an image is displayed.

For a 100 pixel wide image:

Monitor setting of 600 X 800 - The image will appear larger

Monitor setting of 1024 X 768 - The image will appear smaller

Pixels are all relative to the settings of your monitor. Always be more concerned with how you save the image. Just get that raw scan, then worry about it's final edited output. Always view the file at 100%, and I would definitely upgrade to one of the last 2 PSP's.

Eric

WTF?!?!? I unplug the scanner this afternoon as I wasn't planning on using it anytime soon, plug it back in this evening and no power! mad.giffrown.gif Tried a bunch of different plugs, but nada.

I just haven't had a good day at all. frown.gif I don't think I need a friggin' scanner anyway. mad.gifmad.gif

Aren't you funny! wink.gif I tried multiple outlets - some with no other uses, but the scanner. Still no luck. The kicker is I'm one day past the vendors return policy. frown.gif Now my only option is to send it in to the manufacturer and have them check it out.

I should count my blessings...life could be worse.

Oh buddy, you seem to get the short end of the stick most of the time. frown.gif However, Darth's wife has to deal with a shorter stick every night! shocked.gif

For Darth,

Remember those old "Choose your own adventure" books? Here's a choose your own response (to greggy's 'Comment'):

Ouch, Greggy! Everybody knows its not the size of your 'lightsaber', its how you use it!

-OR-

Ouch, Greggy! I see your schwartz is as big as mine!

Chris grin.gif

However, Darth's wife has to deal with a shorter stick every night!

That's cool...At least I have a wife to satisfy my carnal desires, instead of forcibly submitting my mother to sexual perversions like greggy does, the likes of which would make your skin crawl with fright if you saw the size of the toys he likes to employ in his freakish foreplay... grin.gif

Damn Darth, how do you override the normal brain function that says: "This is just not right!" That's why we love you! OK, everybody except CI! mad.gif

It's all fun and games until I call someone gay (*ahem*)...

honestly I think that if we were to meet up, I'd welcome you into my home and I'm sure that your mom would cook some nice tasty meal for me if I came up there! tongue.gif

For those of you who take offense, I apologize, but your mommas next on the hitlist... wink.gif