• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC BOXES from Contest

14 posts in this topic

I think I received the two boxes that Chromium had Gemma send me smile.gif Although they are a bit thin, I love them! CGC logo and everything! tongue.gif

Thanks Chrom! Just waiting for CI's boxes and i'm set for a while smirk.gif Crash? What crash? I'm still going to buy buy buy tongue.gif

I put 33 in each, 11 per partition. Giant sized books (i.e. my Silver Surfer Run, DC super sized, King Size Annuals, etc) take up more space but I can still get a lot of them in there. They are too thin though, as I've ripped off the handle part of the box on three of them so far (taped up). I still like the Bill COle heavier gauge cardboard boxex though, but they don't have partitions yet that I'm aware of.

........what do you think of the cgc boxes phil, do they do a good job?

........at the moment i have my cgc books side up in a regular comic box, which is a pain as i can't see the label and can only fit around 15 books in a box.......... frown.gif

Wellllll, what is nice is the fit. The box is made for slabs so the fit is great. What is not so nice is they are quite thin, I haven't tore any handles out yet but that is because I take great care not to. First time I am not paying attention it will probably be rip city. As long as you are either extremely careful when lifting, or you keep less than say around 15 books in it they are fine.

Phil

Phil, you're right, I often have a hard time squeezing out a book (especially a king sized book) when I pack em in. They're too thin though. I heard blazingbob mention that he had difficulty using them at conventions, the result was plastic shards all over the floor! I use them for close storage & easy access, I'd hate to have to use for regular transport, especially a box full of my silver keys!

They are definitely thin. I would never use them for constant transport, but they are great for closet storage for your cgc books. smile.gif The slabs fit perfectly inside & is a major improvement over magazine boxes tongue.gif

You're right, it's too bad the mag boxes aren't taller, they're much thicker gauge cardboard & have the same dimensions (except height). I like the post someone made about making your own custom boxes out of wood or other stronger, lightweight material with padding material inside. Too bad I'm not much of a carpenter.

Well the seller Rokkit from Texas I believe sells the box for $120. I personally wouldn't pay that much, but if you got some cash to burn for a nice storage box...Someone from that same thread gave it the thumbs up tongue.gif

Wow, $120, I could buy a nice silver X-Men in this market! I'll keep my free boxes CGC gave me, and the 5 or so I had already! I''ve got a nice bookshelf they store real well on too, I'd be in trouble if the case fell over though.