• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverton Art Day!

46 posts in this topic

Wowser! That is really nice, I don't know much about Basil as I have only seen his covers, All the panels are so perfect, I love how clean all the lines are and that the drawings both make me feel a little off kilter yet they invite me to look closer.

:o Holy krap!!! (worship) The certainly isn't something you see every day. What a beautiful page. For us Wolverton fans, that's as impressive as any Ditko page. Now, if you got the cover to Weird Tales Of The Future 3, I'd bring you gifts of frankincense & myrrh.

Angelo

Thanks for all the Kudos Guys!

And Rich; only about half this series was published in Circus comics as it only went to 3 issues. 2 pages per issue. Basil had already completed 5 or 6 issues worth of the story so that went unpublished until (possibly before) the whole chapter was reprinted in 'Wolverton in Space', a Darkhorse Trade paperback published a few years back. That's the first time I saw the other pages anyway.

Jon Berk has a complete page from Spacehawks in his CAF gallery, and Bechara Malouf had a complete page a few years back but I could never pry it from him. I think it was kinda sorta for sale but I could never nail down or even get close to a price or a deal... some people are like that... ;)

Hope the info helps, and if anyone has any to add that would be great too!

Rich; All the pages from the Space Hawks story follow the 12 regular panel format outlined in blacklines. Since yours has a more traditional format but has the same main characters from Space Hawks maybe it was a tryout or sample given to the publisher?? Or, maybe the story was picked up some time later in another comic I'm not aware of with a different format??

The Darkhorse book is from 1997, I just checked. It's a smaller than comic size trade paperback and has lots of Spacehawk and Spacehawks, plus Basils other space stories. It's very cool!

Not to hijack the thread but RE auctions also has original art from anMars Attacks Card. INCREDIBLE!!!

Mars Attacks !!!

WOW what a piece.......would love to have an extra 70K laying around for that :cloud9:

David Saunders finally decided to sell I guess.

I emailed him back and forth a few years ago on ebay. Very nice guy.