• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To slab...or not to slab...that is my question?

6 posts in this topic

I have several key issues in lower grades and am wondering if someone could give me advice on whether it is better to slab them or sell them "raw".

Green Lantern 76 = FN-

Hulk 141 = FN+

Subby 34 & 35 = both VG+

Iron Fist = FN+

Silver Surfer 1 = FN

These were all bought for cover price so there is no investment too loose there, I guess I am wondering if there would be a greater return once they are slabbed.

tongue.gif

Blowout's right about slabbing and the current market...I think your best bet (if you want to get rid of the books) is to go to a show and offer books up as trade items. GL#76 is a book that no dealer can have enough copies of (regardless of grade)...you'll be able to get rid of them.

Chris

I just sold a SS #1 unslabbed on Ebay and I could barely get $100.00 for it. I would hold off on that one if you want to sell it right now. If you want it safe and pretty, slab it and tuck it away for another 5-10 years. By then, I'm sure slabbing costs will have risen too.

Mitch

Don't slab them, but if you try to sell them put a so-so reserve on it and see what happens. If they don't meet reserve, wait for a bit and then see if slabbing would make more sense down the road.

Brian