• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,421 posts in this topic

I went through my collection and here is what I found:

IDW JP #4 Wrightson Sketch Cover signed by Jeff Goldblum - Only / Highest

A3.jpg.ed6056e1c61e61af463f5ce10c8b2ec7.jpg

Boom Studios SOA #4 Photo Variang signed by Charlie Hunam - Only / Highest

A4.jpg.7a6c006ab97b57ef1147029a8adb690a.jpg

Star Wars Insider 136 Signed By Hamil & Fisher - Highest

A5.jpg.3c611e514c29763b85dc121fcff6eac1.jpg

Lost Official Magazine #5 - Only / Highest & the only Josh Holloway I have ever seen

A6.jpg.052151622c0cf32b89e53f1d1aba16fe.jpg

On 8/5/2018 at 7:27 PM, letsgrumble said:

At least CGC acknowledged that "Alex Ross" is written on the cover instead of just the generic "name written on cover."

I know, right? What's up with that?

Ask them to note "John Byrne and Terry Austin in pen on first page", forget it. Sheesh!

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, revat said:

These are awesome, but do not belong in this thread.  This thread is when you have the single highest CGC SS grade (albeit this rule is not enforced as much as it probably should be).  These comics all have MULTIPLE copies of CGC SS at those grades.  The actual signer(s) of the books are not a considered factor.

I've got to put a big "+1" on this one. 

A lot of people attempt to differentiate their copy using a number of factors but ultimately, the deciding factor is the census.  If there's more than 1 copy in the top SS spot, it doesn't belong in this thread.  It doesn't matter if your copy has more signatures than another copy.  It doesn't matter if you own all the top copies.  If there's more than 1 in the top spot, it doesn't belong here.

Cool books, though.

Let me see if I got this.  So, the single highest CGC SS grade ON THE CENSUS, AND NOT ON THE COMPETITIVE REGISTRY SECTION? so, example, Venom the enemy within 1 shows 9 SS books on the CENSUS, making mine NOT QUALIFIED for this thread, as it is 1 of 9 book and not the single highest grade.

Edited by juniorMC
added more

18 minutes ago, juniorMC said:

Let me see if I got this.  So, the single highest CGC SS grade ON THE CENSUS, AND NOT ON THE COMPETITIVE REGISTRY SECTION? so, example, Venom the enemy within 1 shows 9 SS books on the CENSUS, making mine NOT QUALIFIED for this thread, as it is 1 of 9 book and not the single highest grade.

AHH, HA !  HOW BOUT THIS?

SavageDragon123;9.8;VALUE;NONEGRADEDONLINE;just2.JPG

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, Alawson453 said:

Here's one I've been meaning to post but never got around to it.  This was my first ever commission obtained by Doug Peters back in 2014.  It took Sparacio awhile to complete but it was well worth the wait!  Enjoy

20181027_211443.jpg

20181027_211548.jpg

There are 368 other SS copies of this book in the same grade, so it does not qualify for this thread.

14 hours ago, juniorMC said:

AHH, HA !  HOW BOUT THIS?

SavageDragon123;9.8;VALUE;NONEGRADEDONLINE;just2.JPG

Now you're gettin' it! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Rich_Henn said:

I haven't done this in a while.

Batman Damned #1 CGC 10.0 s/s Bermejo 

batmandamned1YELLOWMINT.jpg

How does CGC handle these maxiprint books?  The binding is so fragile that if you open it, you could wind up with a readers crease.  Do they just "judge a book by its cover" so to speak?  (probably a speculative question and if i wanted a real answer, I should just go straight to the source...CGC)

Edited by ExNihilo

On 10/25/2018 at 1:14 PM, Turtle said:

I've got to put a big "+1" on this one. 

A lot of people attempt to differentiate their copy using a number of factors but ultimately, the deciding factor is the census.  If there's more than 1 copy in the top SS spot, it doesn't belong in this thread.  It doesn't matter if your copy has more signatures than another copy.  It doesn't matter if you own all the top copies.  If there's more than 1 in the top spot, it doesn't belong here.

Cool books, though.

I agree.

PS. You didn't say hi to me at Baltimore, and you were standing right next to me. I was crushed. :cry:

Of course, I didn't say hi to you, either...so I imagine you were crushed, too.

:D