• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,423 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2020 at 8:15 PM, Brooklynmet said:

Star Wars variant 1 cover by Alex Ross. Signed by Stan the man Lee!  Beautiful and clear signature by Stan Lee and we all know the ups and downs of that signature over the years.

As was said, beautiful book but it's not the Sole Top in its census category.

Please check your book in the CGC Census before posting it here.

Edited by Chazgee

10 hours ago, revat said:

This is as awesome as it is inappropriate for this thread.  Please see the first post of the thread.  I suspect your Star Wars book also doesn't belong in this thread, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

The posts are here now and I’m too lazy to delete them. Lighten up and enjoy

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 8:15 PM, Brooklynmet said:

Star Wars variant 1 cover by Alex Ross. Signed by Stan the man Lee!  Beautiful and clear signature by Stan Lee and we all know the ups and downs of that signature over the years.

@Brooklynmet There are 4 other 9.6 SS copies and 19 9.8's.  This book doesn't belong here. 

Also, this book seemingly has a bajillion variants!!!  It's got to be close to a record for number of variants for a single issue.  The census page just kept going...

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

@Brooklynmet There are 4 other 9.6 SS copies and 19 9.8's.  This book doesn't belong here. 

Also, this book seemingly has a bajillion variants!!!  It's got to be close to a record for number of variants for a single issue.  The census page just kept going...

Thanks you’re a gemThanks you’re a gem

On 3/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, Keys_Collector said:

Sorry but I have to ask, why get a Star Wars book signed by Stan Lee?

The story goes that Marvel Comics was in terrible financial shape in the mid 70’s.  Stan Lee and Roy Thomas brokered a deal with Lucas to distribute comic books.  Star Wars saves Marvel Comics

Edited by Brooklynmet

11 minutes ago, justin said:

I’ve been waiting a long time to post here and now I can! I sent in a blue label 9.8 (1 of 8) to be signed by Jim Steranko. Risking a downgrade, I had my fingers crossed the whole time. Rich Henn cracked it, window bagged it and got it signed and graded for me. He handled my book with great care! Now I have the only 9.8 SS! As someone with mild OCD, I love that there are so many 2’s in this book. Marvel Super Special 22 signed on 2/22/20! Printed in ‘82!

So many 2's, but your book is #1. Congrats.

4 hours ago, justin said:

I’ve been waiting a long time to post here and now I can! I sent in a blue label 9.8 (1 of 8) to be signed by Jim Steranko. Risking a downgrade, I had my fingers crossed the whole time. Rich Henn cracked it, window bagged it and got it signed and graded for me. He handled my book with great care! Now I have the only 9.8 SS! As someone with mild OCD, I love that there are so many 2’s in this book. Marvel Super Special 22 signed on 2/22/20! Printed in ‘82!

8B2C8BC4-54EB-4CC2-874F-D8E42DCAC4FE.jpeg

Congrats!  We all know that feeling!