• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,426 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, revat said:

Ok, NOW I get it.  Thanks for the clarification.  I too would doubt that there's other Giella's, especially since I don't think he worked on the book.  It's not a huge point, and I think people have given a lot of latitude on this issue, but I think this thread is generally constructed regardless of who the signer is, just going strictly on grade and census, otherwise everyone could really post anything based on their 'opinion' that a given book is the only one signed by a certain creator at a certain grade, which is already nearly impossible to prove. 

I think that's where the disconnect was, that we don't share a similar understanding about what the purpose of this thread is. 

This is from Raph's first post:

1. The book must be the only Signature Series book for that particular issue on the census or

2. You may post your book if there are other SS copies on the census only if your copy is the highest and only graded copy.

Since it is neither of those things, it should go in the Infinite Signature thread.

This was way nicer than I used to be to Richie when he would do it.  :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

1. The book must be the only Signature Series book for that particular issue on the census or

2. You may post your book if there are other SS copies on the census only if your copy is the highest and only graded copy.

Since it is neither of those things, it should go in the Infinite Signature thread.

If it weren't for people posting non-qualifying books and other people elaborating on the rules, this thread would be about 1/5 of its current length.  :tonofbricks:  Accurate, but much shorter.

9 minutes ago, Turtle said:

If it weren't for people posting non-qualifying books and other people elaborating on the rules, this thread would be about 1/5 of its current length.  :tonofbricks:  Accurate, but much shorter.

^^

Heres two books I forgot i had that I posted in 2014 but I'm posting again now because no one has outdone these books.

Elektra #1 Blank CGC 9.8 SS Haley Joel Osmond and Jason Meyes - Only Haley Joel Osmond.

IMG_0280.thumb.JPG.bf3c846142e490710d03bd8ced8c8a31.JPG

Nick Fury Agent of Shield #7 CGC 7.0 SS David Hassellhoff

IMG_0281.thumb.JPG.475f9f0a078082ade640295f42f0ff77.JPG

I've got to cut you down to size

oh, oh ,oh, oh

and you've got to check your eyes

oh, oh,oh,oh

neither book qualifies

oh, oh, oh, oh

and other dudes' dads you've terrorized

don't appreciate your tries

to subvert this thread with lies

oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Edited by seanfingh

On 4/28/2017 at 6:50 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Heres two books I forgot i had that I posted in 2014 but I'm posting again now because no one has outdone these books.

Elektra #1 Blank CGC 9.8 SS Haley Joel Osmond and Jason Meyes - Only Haley Joel Osmond.

Nick Fury Agent of Shield #7 CGC 7.0 SS David Hassellhoff

:pullhair:  C'mon man...you know these don't qualify for this thread.

And double :pullhair::pullhair: for spelling not 1, not 2, but all 3 celeb names incorrectly.  I mean, they're printed right on the label.  :facepalm:

:foryou:

18 hours ago, J2 said:

I love this one because it's not only the single highest ss copy, it's the single highest copy, period!

stcgc012.jpg

This belongs here AND is awesome

:golfclap:

I was kind of hesitant on this one as the connection is a bit tenuous but bit on it because his role in "Ed Wood" finally won him an Oscar.  So here it is, Dracula as portrayed by Bela Lugosi as portrayed by Martin Landau, the one and only....

0105172324241.jpg

55 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

Pretty sure this is the only graded copy out there - the Valerian promo signed by Luc Besson and French artist Jean-Claude Mezieres.

valerian-promo-cgc-9.6-ss-f.jpg

That is frickin awesome!!!

On 4/30/2017 at 6:28 PM, J2 said:

I love this one because it's not only the single highest ss copy, it's the single highest copy, period!

stcgc012.jpg

:cloud9:

Edited by Darrell F

On 4/27/2017 at 2:28 PM, seanfingh said:

Not to stir up what's been settled, but just to clarify.  Those WWE ones I posted (I no longer own them at the  time did) were kosher to post?  Since I held all the copies on the census that shared the 9.8.

Again I have no horse in the race as I sold those 2 copies, just curious.

12 hours ago, 50/50 said:

Not to stir up what's been settled, but just to clarify.  Those WWE ones I posted (I no longer own them at the  time did) were kosher to post?  Since I held all the copies on the census that shared the 9.8.

Again I have no horse in the race as I sold those 2 copies, just curious.

No, they didn't belong in this thread.  If I owned 2 copies of an incredibly rare book and got them each signed with an incredibly rare signature, they wouldn't belong in this thread.  In this thread, the census is the ultimate decider of what belongs and what doesn't.  Not the owner, not the signer, not the perceived uniqueness...just the census. 

Looking at the census, at the time of this writing, the only WWE #1 that would be eligible for this thread would be an SS copy of the New Day Variant cover as there is only 1 copy in 9.8 SS and none higher.

Three today!  

The first one is a book that my LCS owner put back because he knows I love all things Cap and this cover is so freakin' sweet.  I can't imagine that this will be the one and only for long but it is for now, so...

Art Adams cover! 

Captain America Steve Ro513.jpg

Not liking the new boards attachment feature, it ruins the flow of the post.  Now I have three posts instead of one.

The next one managed to be the highest single CGC SS copy at a 9.2 and it was the best of a long line of really bad "NM" books.  I hoped it would score a 9.4 but alas, it did not.  

Marvel Fanfare 32510.jpg