• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lamest Super Hero Ever

63 posts in this topic

Okay, okay...hate on this.

Silver Surfer. Come on, a guy chosen to become a herald of a god (Galactus) and travel through space seeking out worlds to feed his master's hunger and the best they can come up with is a sleek-skinned, bald-headed dude that rides a surfboard? I say again...HE RIDES A SURFBOARD!!

Clearly, the ones that followed (Terrax, Firelord, Nova) made better inter-planetary heralds.

(All of this said, I'd give my eye's teeth for a 9.6 copy of FF # 48.)

Silver Surfer. Come on, a guy chosen to become a herald of a god (Galactus) and travel through space seeking out worlds to feed his master's hunger and the best they can come up with is a sleek-skinned, bald-headed dude that rides a surfboard? I say again...HE RIDES A SURFBOARD!!

mad.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Go read the first series that was drawn by Buscema, then tell me how "lame" he is.

I have to strongly disagree with you John on Metamorpho. I personally think he is one of the best, most under-appreciated characters of the silver age.

Now, Speedball and most of the New Warriors on the other hand ... that's a different story. And can someone please explain Power Pack to me?

Shhhhhhhhh Sslly. I haven't completed my Metamorpho run yet.

He is way cool (love the teamups in B&B)

Go read the first series that was drawn by Buscema, then tell me how "lame" he is.

Agreed...still the best rendition of the Surfer IMHO!

sumo.gif

Agreed...still the best rendition of the Surfer IMHO!

sumo.gif

He rides a surfboard...nothing wrong with that. But through space? Couldn't Jack and Stan come up with a better way for him to cruise the cosmos? Personally, I have nothing against the Surfer and if Galactus was about to make like Anna Nicole at Denny's and chomp down on terra firma...I'd become a fan quick.

All I'm saying is a surfboard isn't quite what I would have expected for an inter-planetary traveler to utilize as a means of getting around.

rantpost.gif

Can't believe we've gotten this far without someone mentioning VIBE-the illconceived break dancing banji boy from the last few Justice League's of the late eighties. But then againsome of his team-mates would qualify too if anyone had been able to get thru the dreck.

Can't believe we've gotten this far without someone mentioning VIBE-the illconceived break dancing banji boy from the last few Justice League's of the late eighties. But then againsome of his team-mates would qualify too if anyone had been able to get thru the dreck.

Ah, Truth is spoken!

Justice League: Detroit, starring Vibe, Gypsy, Vixen, Steel Jr., others? The Platonic ideal to which lame super-heroes-- and specifically ill-conceived super-team re-boots-- aspire! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I liked all the dozens of people who tried out for the Legion of Super-Heroes but got rejected. Most notable of which is, of course, Arm-Fall-Off Boy. And he kept making crowd appearances in several issues after his turn-down that it became a where's Waldo experience.

Of course, some of the Legion of Substitute Heroes were winners, too. Like Stone Boy.

I liked all the dozens of people who tried out for the Legion of Super-Heroes but got rejected. Most notable of which is, of course, Arm-Fall-Off Boy. And he kept making crowd appearances in several issues after his turn-down that it became a where's Waldo experience.

Ahhh.......good old Floyd Belkin. It's a good thing that ability didn't land between his legs.

Of course, some of the Legion of Substitute Heroes were winners, too. Like Stone Boy.

Just so these guys don't get the impression that DCs are lamer than they really are (see: Vibe, etc.), we ought to point out that "Arm-Fall-Off Boy" was-- I believe-- an intentional 1980s spoof of the original lame 1960-1970s Legion rejects.

Just so these guys don't get the impression that DCs are lamer than they really are (see: Vibe, etc.), we ought to point out that "Arm-Fall-Off Boy" was-- I believe-- an intentional 1980s spoof of the original lame 1960-1970s Legion rejects.

Yes, very true. I should've made that clear. But dang, that was funny.

AFOB2.jpg

Floyd Belkin. But please, call me "splitter!"

Right. I can see how this....ability would unnerve an enemy....

......I know it creeps me out....

.....and Arm-Fall-Off-Floyd would be a much better name.

Think he'd fall appart under pressure?

AFOB3.jpg

Okay, okay...hate on this. Silver Surfer.

BLASPHEMY!!!!! mad.gif

He was given the surfboard b/c of the surf craze that was sweeping the nation in the 60's (remember "Endless Summer"?).

Chris