• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Nothing special about this issue other than its being a good example of covers from this period.  Seems as if they used a variation of this gag a zillion times over the years.  You'd think Juggie would have eventually figured out that Archie has a different definition of fun! :)

arch.jpg

Colors are nice on that copy. Surprised that corner crease didn’t get dinged harder.  VG + old school Overstreet I’d say. 

35 minutes ago, lotemo said:

I just got a cover for my coverless Pep #32!   The cover perfectly aligns with the staples on the coverless comic so it doesn't look like a married cover but instead looks like a book with the cover detached.  It makes me wonder if I'm really just reuniting the comic book with its original cover.

Nice!  :headbang:

(I forgot to bid at the end... lucky you)  lol

1 hour ago, lotemo said:

I just got a cover for my coverless Pep #32!   The cover perfectly aligns with the staples on the coverless comic so it doesn't look like a married cover but instead looks like a book with the cover detached.  It makes me wonder if I'm really just reuniting the comic book with its original cover.

:baiting:

Any chance you have a cover for Archie 8 or a coverless Archie 7 kicking around in your parts box ?!

9 hours ago, lotemo said:

Pep_1942_032a.jpg

that is AWESOME!!!! 

Anybody here get that Blue Ribbon #14 on the bay last night? Gino? What a barn burner! The last two minutes it just kept going up every few seconds. Was real low grade but presented nice. 

I love the Mr Justice issues and still need 3. Thought I had a chance for a while but quickly realized there was someone who wanted it REAL bad. I got left in the dust...

Congrats to the buyer. Great book!

20 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

If only we could all be like MrBedrock.  He never passes up an opportunity to buy a great book.

Ha! Now that is funny!