• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Anybody here get that Blue Ribbon #14 on the bay last night? Gino? What a barn burner! The last two minutes it just kept going up every few seconds. Was real low grade but presented nice. 

I love the Mr Justice issues and still need 3. Thought I had a chance for a while but quickly realized there was someone who wanted it REAL bad. I got left in the dust...

Congrats to the buyer. Great book!

Thanks for thinking it could have been me you sure know what books I like RM!!!

I WAS able to land another TOP-NOTCH MLJ the previous night though and while low grade it’s one I’ve been trying to get my hands on for awhile and at a reasonable price. Will post when she arrives!!

5 hours ago, sagii said:

...Not as pristine as Mr. B's , but the  Planet Thread ain't the only Thread that should have multiple copy posts in a day (: . So glad i pulled the trigger on this one back when i did. 

Blue Ribbon Comics #14.jpg

Corey shoots for the win and scores!!!!! What a copy bro!!! 

18 hours ago, sagii said:

...Not as pristine as Mr. B's , but the  Planet Thread ain't the only Thread that should have multiple copy posts in a day (: . So glad i pulled the trigger on this one back when i did. 

We all should tip our caps to Bedrocks stunning books, but your bright, beautiful copy takes a back seat to no one. :cloud9:

19 hours ago, sagii said:

Love it, Corey! Love Richard's too(worship)

Heading out to WonderCon this weekend and was thinking of the top Archie (say issue 20 and up) books to hunt for besides the following:

1. Archie Comics 50 (headlights)

2. Archie Comics 53 (taillights)

3. Archie Comics 35 (wee waist)

4. Archie Comics 48 (wanna spoon?)

5. Archie Comics 78 (the clutch)

Any suggestions...?

52 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Heading out to WonderCon this weekend and was thinking of the top Archie (say issue 20 and up) books to hunt for besides the following:

Any suggestions...?

Archie #68 should definitely be on your list. Very difficult to find in any grade. Here's my low grade copy. A cover doesn't get much better than that! :bigsmile:

IMG_9312.jpg

Edited by mustang33guy

On 3/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, sacentaur said:

Any suggestions...?

I've always been fond of #83 as well.  Veronica is going out of town and Archie promises to only go out with boys while she's gone.  Veronica also promises to only go out with boys!  Veronica is in a rather cute and coy pose as she boards the train.  It's not exactly easy to find either.

archie83.jpg

On 3/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, lotemo said:

I've always been fond of #83 as well.  Veronica is going out of town and Archie promises to only go out with boys while she's gone.  Veronica also promises to only go out with boys!  Veronica is in a rather cute and coy pose as she boards the train.  It's not exactly easy to find either.

archie83.jpg

It looks better in a larger size.  I used the comics database image because I was travelling and unable to get access to my files.  Here's a better image:

Archie_1956_083_2_best.jpg