• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Snagged this at Wondercon today (thanks, Richard!).  

Since I don't wanna leave folks hangin' here's the memorialized event...

IMG_2642_zpsrohgmhr9.jpg

I think everyone knows my opinion of the current CGC label, but this book looks nice & I detected no NR. (thumbsu

:golfclap:Super pick up Cat!

What a copy!:luhv:

10 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

This may be a longshot, but does anyone recognize what issue this is? Missing the cover and 1st wrap. I rescued it from a dollar box this past weekend...

20190402_223627.jpg

8 minutes ago, 143ksk said:

Looks a whole lot like the splash to Archie 1...

You should count the pages, but the page shown is the first wrap. Pages 1 and 2 are the cover. There should be 60 pages without the cover.

Nice find!,

It most definitely is the splash to Archie #1. That's an amazing pickup and just goes to show that stuff is still out there. Excellent! (thumbsu

Here's the first couple pages of the reprinted edition for proof:

RCO001.jpg

RCO002.jpg

RCO003.jpg

RCO004.jpg

Edited by mustang33guy

1 hour ago, 143ksk said:

Looks a whole lot like the splash to Archie 1...

You should count the pages, but the page shown is the first wrap. Pages 1 and 2 are the cover. There should be 60 pages without the cover.

Nice find!,

I did a count. it's missing a few wraps towards the middle, but thanks for pointing out the splash. I just saw that 3 on the page and assumed that wasn't the first page page. 

3 hours ago, Microbia said:

Always loved this cover. Just noticed that the demon is holding hypos… Wonder what he was planning to do with them if the swinging blade was gonna kill the babe at the stroke of midnight anyway. Oh unless they are meant for the protagonist...

2DAD425B-500E-46DB-8CAB-8999C26B8058.jpeg

Now that's what I call a classic GA book!!  And a hard to find one too.  Your copy looks much nicer than a 5.5 btw.

Edited by RareHighGrade

On 4/8/2019 at 10:46 AM, GoldenPRGuy said:

Gino, sorry for not chiming in sooner. Nice grab! I was hoping to pick up the 3.0 on Heritage last night, but passed out before the auction ended. 

Thanks brother!!! Pretty happy with this one 😁