• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Point Five said:

Great #17, Sharon! The Hangman was such a crazy concept for a hero. That's an issue I'd love to own someday too.

I've been chipping away at those early Peps as well, albeit at a glacial pace. Here's a recent pickup from ebay...

pep30.jpg.30f58c4f942205a68dcf91a7766a87f3.jpg

GREAT PICKUP BRO!!! That one slipped right past me didn’t even see it. Happy it went to a great home though!! Most all of us are moving at glacial speed apparently haha!! 

4 minutes ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

A few more. Pep 38 is in pretty rough shape but I had a hard time finding a better one so I decided this was probably as good as it was going to get for me. As a few others have commented, it's tough and expensive to find early Peps.

DSCN1143 (2).JPG

DSCN1682 (2).JPG

:golfclap:Very nice! 

Issue #38 is very popular (Schomburg playing a very big hand in that no doubt). There is one on C'Link right now (Rockford) though not high grade, i'm sure will finish with a bang!

That said, #38 with the firing squad cover is no slouch either! Throw in the Hangman and you've got magic. 

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Love that one. What a sick double hypo cover!

It is. Even though #34 gets more 'hype' (and understandably so, as it has a much more sinister caricatured villain, replete with skulls and a woman in bondage) but it's a gas syringe, not a needle cover like this one though it's often mistakenly described as such. Great pick up @MustEatBrains