• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I think maybe we had been sneaking a few of these SA Archie monster/sci-fi covers in this thread. 

jug.jpg

Yes some of us have :shy:

I try not to post past '61 as that's the year FF1 hit the stands and changed the game.  And the books are 10 centers to boot!

Beautiful book btw :applause:

On 7/12/2019 at 5:09 PM, sagii said:

Yes some of us have :shy:

I try not to post past '61 as that's the year FF1 hit the stands and changed the game.  And the books are 10 centers to boot!

Beautiful book btw :applause:

A man after my own heart! To me, FF 1 is the start of the Silver Age. Showcase 4 wasn't nearly the break with what came before that FF 1 was. But that's an ancient debate that we'll never resolve. 

Blissard had a nice run of raw Archie's starting at number 2 and ending at 100 just sell on ebay.  I felt that they went for very healthy prices, especially the 2, 13, 53, 78, 82 and 100. I bought 11 of them and sure hope they are better than the ones I already own!

Edited by ThothAmon

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Nice! Never seen a Pink header Archie (i know somewhere in that statement is a juvenile joke (:)

Yeah, me neither. Part of what got my attention when I saw it. Some guy right in front of my got two nice monster issues but passed on this one. $3. each!

Edited by Robot Man