• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, sagii said:

Cool! Last pre Robin, er, i mean Dusty issue. 

While we're on the subject,  Are Pre-Dusty Peps a thing hm

For those really in the know, probably... I just gravitate to the non-archie covers in the run and like the shield.  Think he predates CA as the first hero to be wearing the stars and stripes but not 100% sure.

Edited by MustEatBrains

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

For those really in the know, probably... I just gravitate to the non-archie covers in the run and like the shield.  Think he predates CA as the first hero to be wearing the stars and stripes but not 100% sure.

Pretty sure that's correct. As @Cat-Man_America (i believe) has explained here on the Boards, the triangular shield Cap carried in Cap 1 had to changed because MLJ saw it as copyright infringement of the Shields shield on his costume. 

Say that three times real fast 

On 7/10/2019 at 7:09 PM, sagii said:

Love my MLJ's. I believe Comiclink has a copy of TNC #18 coming up. Tough to acquire horror cover issue. Would be a great grab for anyone, can't recommend really going for it if you want one hard enough. 

20190710_190443.jpg

On 7/10/2019 at 7:15 PM, sagii said:

Was also thinking of resubmitting my Rockford copy of BRC #18 because the new holders make books really pop, and I like placement of the ped notation , but then there's old label goodness to consider 

20190710_191228.jpg

On 7/10/2019 at 7:20 PM, sagii said:

..last two more toughies.

Ok,  dinner and a glass of wine are calling me:)

20190710_191812.jpg

Firing on ALL cylinders here brother!!!!!!! WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Thanks @gino2paulus2 

Glad to see you haven't totally abandoned the Boards for IG :baiting:

Iv'e been lurking there :ph34r:

Fun! Lots and lots of buzz! 

Hehehe true story about the buzz I definitely still prefer it here the conversation and knowledge is far superior here!! 

Since it’s summertime super busy with the kiddos we’ve literally done something everyday so IG is a bit easier to get your quick fix of just looking at pics of funny books but my allegiance is still here!! 😊

On 7/17/2019 at 3:15 PM, path4play said:

Not one of the top Zip covers, but also certainly not one seen a whole heck of a lot.

img02307012019.jpg

I like the later Zips, they have a funky mixture of contents inside. 

Picked up a nice Zip 41 from Superworld Ted last Sunday at Torpedo Con, these are hard to find in grade because as single staple books they tend to have issues.

That’s a cool book you have there...(thumbsu

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Top-Notch 22 gets a big spotlight in the current Heritage catalog...

901195B0-1566-43B9-9ECA-DB20840D89FA.jpeg

It's a notoriously tough MLJ. And the Church copy to boot on this copy :x

1 minute ago, sagii said:

It's a notoriously tough MLJ. And the Church copy to boot on this copy :x

Yup, and if that wasn’t enough who knows how motivated Archie collectors will be to pickup this book. hm

I think it’s likely to go for big money...

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Yup, and if that wasn’t enough who knows how motivated Archie collectors will be to pickup this book. hm

I think it’s likely to go for big money...

Indeed....:flipbait:

On 7/12/2019 at 3:00 PM, Sqeggs said:

I think maybe we had been sneaking a few of these SA Archie monster/sci-fi covers in this thread. 

jug.jpg

Great copy! The Jughead monster covers are really fun and hard to find. I've been looking for a nice 79 for years and can't find one.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:33 PM, ThothAmon said:

Blissard had a nice run of raw Archie's starting at number 2 and ending at 100 just sell on ebay.  I felt that they went for very healthy prices, especially the 2, 13, 53, 78, 82 and 100. I bought 11 of them and sure hope they are better than the ones I already own!

Congratulations on your purchases. Those prices were pretty impressive. I bid on 13 and 87 and unfortunately didn't win either. I was surprised by how much they went for and how much over guide.