• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Just back from CGC: single highest graded universal copy of this beautiful white-paged Blue Ribbon 7, passing the two 9.0s (one of which is the Larson) and the 9.2 Mile High!

20190723_104442_resized.jpg

:golfclap:MAJOR congrats on that Tim!

What a stunner!! And higher than the Larson and Church copies?!?!? (worship) (worship) (worship)

1 hour ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

Lots of neat comics being posted. Here is my Pep 28. This was the first early Pep that I bought from the seller in California I found in either Comics Buyers Guide (I miss that paper) or Comic Collector magazine back in the mid 80's. It had a little work done by someone before I bought it. I never even thought back then of people restoring comics and didn't think it was something people did other than some tape to fix a tear. I think it's still a nice book though. 

DSCN1651 (2).JPG

Awesome book!

On 7/23/2019 at 8:30 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Just back from CGC: single highest graded universal copy of this beautiful white-paged Blue Ribbon 7, passing the two 9.0s (one of which is the Larson) and the 9.2 Mile High!

20190723_104442_resized.jpg

One of my favorite BR covers.

4 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

Pep by Schomburg.  Is this the only time he moonlighted for MLJ?  I can't think of another.

PepComics29.jpg

:golfclap:The books in Boardies collections never cease to amaze! Beautiful book there sir! 

***Pep Comics #38 is also credited to Schomburg

3 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

I just looked it up and you're right, it's even signed by him.

Since he seemed to be working for Nedor and Timely simultaneously, shame he didn't get to crank out more for MLJ. 

On 8/12/2019 at 9:36 PM, sagii said:

Since he seemed to be working for Nedor and Timely simultaneously, shame he didn't get to crank out more for MLJ. 

He needed time for his Harvey covers.