• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, TheycallmeArchie said:

Here is Pep #24 and #23

DSCN1952 (2).JPG

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Local pick-ups today...:banana:

BB7B2BAC-8327-41FB-88FD-46084DAB2FB2.jpeg

Nice books Gents! Blue Ribbon 11 is a Top 10 cover for me.  Love how the Train isn't so 'obvious', one doesn't notice it right away due to all the action in the forefront and the skyline background.. 

Hey, is the MLJ Thread seeing some action like the recent Timely Thread explosion? hm :banana:

11 hours ago, Point Five said:

It's a sign of just how many awesome crazy covers there are on these early Peps and Zips that this one isn't considered a classic. It's just a run-of-the-mill crazy cover! :D

pep15.jpg.d72f14fa60f79836e165ad47fd21dd14.jpg

:applause:That's a cool one! SO much to take in: The Blow Dart guy, The girl tied to the (wheel?) The one eyed man, the curtains, vat of flames, and of course, the Skull Faced Bad Girl :luhv:

Edited by sagii

43 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

This is a universal 1.8 from the other guys so had to crop out the label. Probably gonna have it CGCd. Love it!!

43037510-CAF5-471A-B862-515BC2CE4C20.jpeg

Ah, this Thread is back! So many cool MLJ's being shared!

Ginoooooo! How do you continue to score such rarities?!

That right there is arguably one of the Top 10 WWII covers of all time. With the 75th anniversary of the war having ended approaching next year, would be nice to have a Thread to sort out an 'official' Boards Top 10 next year to commemorate. Paging @tabcom

Congrats!:golfclap:

Edited by sagii

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Ah, this Thread is back! So many cool MLJ's being shared!

Ginoooooo! How do you continue to score such rarities?!

That right there is arguably one of the Top 10 WWII covers of all time. With the 75th anniversary of the war having ended approaching next year, would be nice to have a Thread to sort out an 'official' Boards Top 10 next year to commemorate. Paging @tabcom

Congrats!:golfclap:

Thanks C!!!!! As you know it cost me an arm and leg but so proud to add it the collection.

I LOVE That idea btw lets do it!!! 

5 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

T

Sweet. Ticks all the boxes for me. I’m assuming Betty and Veronica are in there too?  

Thanks... Yep, they are!

And I just won a #33 on HA, so surprisingly am on something of a roll with these after a longish drought.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, TheycallmeArchie said:

I've had this since the mid to late 80's. I'm not sure exactly when I bought this. I had it graded in 2003. For a long time it was the second highest graded copy but no longer as a few others have surfaced.

It looks upgradable too. How is the back cover?