• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

Contest pages from Top-Notch Laugh Comics #29-45 (1942-1944):

8.jpg

11.jpg

11.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

18.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

17.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

More!

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Great Caesar's Ghost!  :whatthe:

10 minutes ago, sagii said:

:applause: Sweet! Scarce one there!

7 universal on the census. With the bondage, hanging panels, suicide, Roy the Super-boy beginning etc., you'd think they'd be getting slabbed in droves, lol.

Edited by circumstances

I'm watching one of my favorite books Blue Ribbon Comics #13 on HA tonight. I cherish my copy that i purchased years ago.  Long undervalued (maybe because its scarce?) But the cover is a knockout and glad to see it commanding such a premium.  

2 hours ago, sagii said:

I'm watching one of my favorite books Blue Ribbon Comics #13 on HA tonight. I cherish my copy that i purchased years ago.  Long undervalued (maybe because its scarce?) But the cover is a knockout and glad to see it commanding such a premium.  

BR 13 sports such a classic cover, it’s a great book - I have the Cosmic Aeroplane copy and it is lower grade.

40 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

BR 13 sports such a classic cover, it’s a great book - I have the Cosmic Aeroplane copy and it is lower grade.

Is there a Church copy of this one? 

6 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

No idea - I have the Larson BR 12 and BR 14, wanted a BR 13 to fill the gap but the lower grade Cosmic Aeroplane was the best I could find at the time.

It's a toughie for sure, and usually in low grade when found. I think you did great! :headbang:

Shared these before but with @Komic Kazi International posts being so popular now, thought i'd post 'em again. Was lucky to snag these when Geppi still has an ebay presence. Didn't quite know 'what' they were then, but i knew they were old and cool, and the MLJ connection made them all the more attractive. There were two more issues for auction at that time. Regret passing on them now. Maybe @Komic Kazi International will post some more Brazilian MLJ's here :wishluck:

O Globo Juvenil Mensal #26 (Brazilian).jpg

O Globo Juvenil Mensal #30 (Brazilian).jpg