• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

...And oddly, I came to this thread to post that very issue of Zip, picked up a few months back. My copy is incomplete and brittle with a capital B, but still pleased to have it!

zip13.jpg.77408f07a8670fe858dd6e495a534f57.jpg

5 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

I’ve been without an early Pep for a while and used to have a nice #32. Sold it and instantly regretted it. Was fortunate enough to fill the void with this new book that I’m so happy to now own. Great cover and first appearance of Mr. Lodge! 

2DF9EB23-8BC4-4013-BB6B-697D321764F3.jpeg

That’s a terrific book, Adam. :applause:

Talk about regrets (Pep 32 is a true classic), I used to have the Hawkeye pedigree copy of Pep 31, but now I’m content to have a white-paged mid-grade. 

Raw, read, enjoy...

On 4/20/2020 at 2:51 PM, sagii said:

Anybody see that finish on that raw Hangman 6 (gd/vg) on HA last night :whatthe: :headbang:

comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/hangman-comics-6-mlj-1943-condition-gd-vg/a/122016-15160.s?type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

'M' is for 'Monday' and MLJ

So there is a cool new Timely Thread post your Top 3 Favorite Timelys, thought i'd just launch a compatible concept for today but within the already existing MLJ Thread.

So i went with books i own (though there are two i'm still hoping to snag one day that would push two of these down to 4 and 5 :wishluck: )

My three favorite MLJ's

Top 3 MLJ's.jpg

Wowza!!!!!!!! That is some trifecta there!! You know i love the BR but i had no idea you had a Pep 16 and in tha kind of shape!! You swimming in money over there or what bro?!!!!

11 hours ago, mustang33guy said:

I’ve been without an early Pep for a while and used to have a nice #32. Sold it and instantly regretted it. Was fortunate enough to fill the void with this new book that I’m so happy to now own. Great cover and first appearance of Mr. Lodge! 

2DF9EB23-8BC4-4013-BB6B-697D321764F3.jpeg

:applause:Very nice pick up there! 

6 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Probably these 3 currently but a few Blue Ribbons could easily sneak there way in on different day

1DB1026E-7C9D-450A-8861-A454D0B0AE9D.jpeg

56B944AD-EE56-495B-A4D6-41A8E8F727B5.jpeg

95AC5AD9-06EF-4D8B-85F6-2FDF5984158F.jpeg

@Point Five @gino2paulus2 @telerites Thanks gents, appreciate that very much! :) 

I picked the Pep up just before the interest in the cover really took off, would be considered a steal if i got it at that price today.

These are all CREAM of the crop  MLJ's, two of the best War Covers of ANY publisher and a classic and tough Hangman cover. (worship)

Love 'em! :cloud9:

11 hours ago, Point Five said:

...And oddly, I came to this thread to post that very issue of Zip, picked up a few months back. My copy is incomplete and brittle with a capital B, but still pleased to have it!

zip13.jpg.77408f07a8670fe858dd6e495a534f57.jpg

ANY copy of this one is a keeper! Fire breathing snake man? Check! Double syringe needle? Check! Hero to the rescue? Check! Hooded menace? Check! Damsel in distress? Check! Electrocution? Check!

Cool factor? OFF THE CHARTS!

Congrats!

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

My three favorite MLJ's (that I actually own), might be these. Real beaters because I was late to the game and these were all I could find when I got them.

compep20.jpg

comzip9.jpg

comhangman3paul.jpg

Insanely cool books brother!!!!!!! As a man with only beaters i love em hahaha!! @sagii just like you Hangman 3 was so close for me as well and would probably make a top list if we did a consensus no doubt!! This publisher just had so many cool books inside and out!!

16 hours ago, telerites said:

@gino2paulus2 @sagii

Gino and Corey

Greats books.  I feel so MLJ impotent looking at these.  Always fun to see your books :cloud9:

Thanks dude!! Trust me when I say and I am confident I can speak for the group that your collection humbles us all with every post!!