• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Prince Namor said:

And the always under appreciated Reggie's.... and I'm big fan of the mysterious George Frese, so I especially like my early Reggie's!

Reggie 003.jpeg

Reggie 004.jpeg

Reggie 005.jpeg

Goerge Frese is one of my favorites too.  His art can be found in lots of the early Reggie, Jughead, and Betty & Veronica issues.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:28 PM, Robot Man said:

And this boardie asked me about this one. Yeah, I've got it but NFS, sorry. I think I have only seen one other copy for sale. Will let him know if I run across another. I wish I'd been more observant of these early MLJs back in the day when they were cheap. I got into them late and all of mine are low grade. You buy books like this when you see them. You might not live long enough to get a second chance...

comblueribbon19.jpg

12 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Had a board member ask to see my Blue Ribbon run. Was in the MLJ boxes today. Mine are for the most part, a little sweaty and low grade. I got into them a lot later than with a lot of other stuff. I like them for Mr Justice. Being a Spectre guy, he fit right in. Got 3 more to go and a couple need upgrades. They will come my way someday if I’m lucky.

And, any excuse to throw in my Rang-A-Tang pin. Only MLJ premium I know of. Too bad they didn’t do Mr Justice instead...

516FD14D-476D-4328-BAFD-662B6A7EDCF1.jpeg

80528C52-1A1C-46BC-AFD4-7475F6A026AC.jpeg

image.png.4e0d2ec801ab169fa65390498388e6d1.png

Lots of Archie's for sale tonight on CLink and Comic Connect.  I walked away with one gem from CL and about a half dozen lesser books from CC.  All upgrades I think.  Pushed on a bunch I didn't win also.  Felt the prices were strong but didn't really study gpa beforehand.

Edited by ThothAmon